• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Almost Adept hit the shelves!

OlgaGodim

Scribe
Today, my novel Almost Adept hit the digital shelves. It’s available
- On my publisher’s website Almost Adept - ebook - BURST
- On Amazon Amazon.com: Almost Adept eBook: Olga Godim: Kindle Store
- On other online retailers’ sites

Book blurb:
For the seventeen-year-old mage Eriale, magic is a source of joy, and she often uses her magic to solve problems. Unfortunately, such solutions sometimes get out of hand. Her latest magical caper was a disaster, so she has to leave home in a hurry but she decides to turn her shameful fleeing into a magical quest. She expects a glittering foreign escapade but ends up in Grumesh, the land rife with treachery and violence. A local courier Kealan becomes her only friend and ally. Together, they survive an explosion, a treacherous incarceration, and a daring escape. Sparks of interest ignite between them, but before Eriale can explore her attraction to Kealan, she discovers blood magic ruining amok in the city. Her priorities must change. As an aspiring Adept, she is duty-bound to find and eliminate the blood mage of Grumesh. She can’t allow her budding romance to distract her, or the blood magic will taint the entire land. No matter the cost–her life or her heart–she can’t let the vile mage win.

I asked Eriale what happened. Why did she leave her comfortable home for the crazy adventure chronicled in this book?

That's what she said in reply: "I wasn’t planning to leave home. I just finished my studies and was going to apply for an Adept license but I got into a scrape and had no choice but to disappear for a while. You see, it’s about this guy, Gordin. He is a duke’s nephew. We danced together at a few balls. I liked him and I thought he liked me, but he only pretended, the cad. First, he insulted me behind my back, and then he almost raped me in front of his friends. I’m no wussy; I’m a princess, well, kind-of anyway, so I had to retaliate. I turned him into a muttonhead.
Oh, don’t make those horrified eyes at me; it was only for a week and only his head. His body remained human. I really intended to give him a ram’s head, but I miscalculated (it was a spur-of-the-moment spell), and he got a ewe’s head instead. His family was furious, of course. Maybe they wouldn’t be so angry if I gave him a he-sheep’s head, but still. I had to flee until the furor died down.
I have distant relatives, my mother’s cousins, in the Roodiman Empire, so that was where I headed. I stopped in Grumesh at my father’s request, for some magical guild business, but then things got complicated. I became embroidered in their freedom fighting controversy and I met the most wonderful man, Kealan. And then I had to challenge a blood mage to a duel. Scary stuff, but it happens, when one is an Adept. Don’t worry, I’ll get to Roodim eventually. Maybe in the next book. Thank you for asking."