1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Another Critique seeker thread

Discussion in 'Writing Groups' started by Fyle, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Fyle

Fyle Inkling

Hi.

I am living in Tokyo, Japan, so, I am ruling out any kind of actual face-to-face connection, but, I would like to exchange some sample chapters of my WIP over the web (if you happen to be in Tokyo, sure, by all means hit me up).

I have a pretty full schedule so, a slow back and forth would be fine, a chapter or two at a time for the week is OK. I just want to get a non-friend impression already (I've been working on it for about a year). My idea was to kind of combine a strong sense of epicness, but keep the feeling of being inside characters heads / knitty gritty ness of works like A Song of Ice and Fire as a baseline idea.

The work most likely has a few hiccups as far as grammar, but, it is well readable. I am mostly looking for critique on : Does anything stand out as a cliche? Did the act breaks hook you at all? Are the characters interesting to read? Things of that nature.

Also, there is adult orientated language; suffice to say A Song of Ice and Fire opened that up to me as well. So, if for some reason that bothers you, or you dislike usage of vulgur language, I may not be the best critique partner (I personally found it strange at first, but, the more I thought about it, the more realism I felt it added combined with the fact that let's face it; some people swear a lot and others don't. This helps make for dynamic intereactions).

If you have any interest please send me a PM.

Thanks! Cheers.