• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Another Facebook Question

Do you have any Facebook "friends" you either a.) don't like or b.) don't know? If so, why do you keep them as friends?

geekluv

Dreamer
I have people on my friends list that I don't like, but they are family by marriage. If I would un-friend them bad things would happen & that's something I don't want to happen. It's amazing that I know 455 people personally out of the 460 people that are on my friend's list. The other five people that I have on my friend's list are journalists that I follow on both Facebook & Twitter. I don't understand when people add people as friends that they don't even know. To me that seems a little bit dangerous since if they turn out to be crazy they have access to your wall & can write a whole bunch of messed up stuff on there before you even know it. Afterwords, you have to do damage control by deleting their postings & such.

Legerdemain

Troubadour
I have a LOT of facebook connections that are just that, people I knew from high school that I can keep in touch with, but they aren't really friends in the hang out kind of way.

Chilari

Staff
There are a few people I have on facebook who I've never actually met, but who I've known online for years. I tend to refuse friend requests unless I know who sent them. Even if I've got 12 mutual friends with someone, if I can't remember meeting them, they don't get added. Though funny thing, someone once added me who I had 3 mutual friends with, but one was a freind from my home town, one was a friend from my school (which was in a different city), and one was a relative who lives in Scotland. It was weird, they all knew this other person who as a result added me.

There are also a couple of people I never really hung out with, but nobody I dislike. Then again, there aren't that many people I dislike, and the only person I really don't like who comes to mind (one of my tutors), wouldn't add me on facebook anyway. Though I did see her in the gym the other day. That was weird.

JCFarnham

Auror
I get so many random friend requests. Weirdest thing is I don't really know any myspace-posed-teenagers? o_O