• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Another New Face in the Crowd

Truepinkas

Dreamer
I just wanted to say 'Hello' to this community.

I've been lurking for the past week or two and have read a lot of thought provoking articles and threads that I believe are already helping me be more clear minded in my writing.

I am a story teller by nature, though up until recently primarily doing so in illustration work. I like to joke that the only reason I'm writing is so that I can illustrate the covers of my own work. However, in truth, I always construct elaborate back stories for even the simplest of characters in my drawings and paintings, so I thought why not try to build one of those out and polish it up and let is be read by others instead of hoarding it away for myself?

So, 'Thank you!' to the community at large. I'm looking forward to more threads and articles to help me stretch my perceptions and challenge my paradigms.

Kind regards,

Weaver

Sage
Welcome, Truepinkas. You've probably already noticed that a lot of us here are artists as well as writers. It's always good to have one more.

I like your art, too. The 'traditional' stuff (watercolor?) looks great, especially the landscapes.

Guru Coyote

Archmage
Well, welcome!
I can totally relate to the "write to illustrate" part... sadly that is no longer an option for me. So now, I tell my stories only in words :)

Truepinkas

Dreamer
Thanks for all the kind greetings (And compliments on my illustration). :) It's been a BUSY week, so sorry for the slow acknowledgement.

Also, it's hard to break my old silent lurker habits... :)

Looking forward to furthering my writing.

Cheers!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hello
All your images are good but I especially like the watercolour "Stone bridge"
Welcome to Mythic Scribes.
Lurk on if you want but feel free to leap in with both feet to!