• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Another newbie...

Stardust

Dreamer
Hello everyone!
I discovered Mythic Scribes a few days ago when I was researching for my story-in-progress, and decided that I should join because the community seems wonderful. So here I am.
I'm 19 years young and Norwegian, currently living in Sweden (confusing, right ;))
The Lord of the Rings was my initiation into the fantasy genre; my father read it to me when I was a young kid, and I've never looked back since.
High fantasy is still my favourite genre of books to this day. I also have a weakness for dragons and other mythical creatures. :smile:
In the real world, I'm more of a cat person. I keep five of the critters! lol. I've also got my own horse, a grey fairytale-unicorn-Connemara called Silver.
What else can be said about me... I like to draw, train archery, explore the forests and take photos in my free time. Like as not, when I'm doing any of these things my mind is wandering into the fantasy realm of my novel. I've been working on it for over 1 1/2 year, but it's only during the last year or so that I've actually begun to structure the story into something that might one day be worth reading. The plot has revealed itself to me as I've been writing, so now I have a clear idea about where I'm heading.
There is a lot of research to be done and details to be settled before I'm there, though!
I'm looking forwards to being a part of this inspiring site.

SeverinR

Vala
Welcome Stardust,
I owned two Red and white APH before my divorce. I miss them.

I had the pleasure of lancing a quintain, and other martial equestrian games. (Spear, pig sticking, heads(smacking foam heads with a weapon while riding on horseback, and ring spearing)

I use alot of my horse experience when I write. I have trail riden on long day rides(7-9 hr in saddle) and participated in three wagon trains.
I also have used a bow.

I think the best way to write something is experience as much as you can.

Welcome, please no unicorns in the main hall. The drunken patrons still do dwarf tossing, a unicorn horn...not a pretty accident waiting to happen.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Stardust
Good to have you here.
Woods and Forests are my main source of inspiration and a great place to let any mind wander/wonder...

Hiya Stardust!
VERY cool intro! I, too, began with LOR and I wouldn't be surprised if many folk here ALSO began with Tolkien. Sounds like you've got a good handle on things already! Hope to chat in the future...
Carrie