• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Any Dark Crystal fans?

TWErvin2

Auror
It's a work for hire, which means that the author in theory (no contract details are provided) would be paid a flat sum, or possibly an advance and small royalty, but would own nothing of the work or have any rights beyond payment for the novel submitted. Nothing wrong with work for hire. A lot of authors do it. I know one that I used to edit with at a small ezine, and there's money in it.

One should research a bit about it before diving in, but sounds like a great opportunity. I enjoyed the movie years ago but not enough that I'd want to devote my writing time to the contest.

Hoping anyone here the best of luck! It'd be very cool if you won and could author the next novel (prequel) in the Dark Crystal World.

Nihal

Vala
I'm not in, but I love to hear someone is still doing something with The Dark Crystal. I never got to watch this classic in my childhood–I don't think it was aired here in the sunny lands. However, I've watched it later and fell in love anyway.

In case anyone needs inspiration check out the work of John Bauer. His work inspired Brian Froud, who in turn was the concept artist of the movie.