• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Any of you guys on Twitter?

I've just joined, so I'm still a bit confused and bewildered by the size of that thing. Do you folks tweet much? If any of you feel like making contact I can be found under LaconicAidan.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I use Twitter. My handle is here: https://twitter.com/The_Drill99

I mostly only re-tweet articles and blogs I find interesting. I rarely just talk with people on it. I use Facebook for that as I actually know most of the people on Facebook, whereas I use Twitter mostly to see what's going on with news, books, games, and other things. I occasionally post something (an observation, a quote, etc.) but other than that I rarely interact with people. Maybe I'll change that in the future, but for now I just like to use it to find interesting links and such.

tlbodine

Troubadour
I'm (shockingly enough) @Tlbodine on Twitter. I peek on there often, but the place intimidates me so I don't necessarily talk much. But you should come talk to me over there because I get lonely and insecure ;)

Chilari

Staff
I am @Chilari on twitter. I mostly use it to keep up to date with causes and topics that interest me, keep in touch with webcomickers i know through The Webcomic List from back when I used to hang out in the forums there, and to watch the twitter conversations between historians Mary Beard, Tom Holland and Dan Snow. I tweet quite a lot, mostly @ replies to people I follow, retweets of funny or important stuff, complaints about my little brother, weird things I have encountered (like the car on fire near Albrighton on Saturday, poor woman thought the thing would explode and shower us with debris like in films, but all that happened was it churned out smoke and the tyres popped and melted) and tweeting my articles from my website.

Graylorne

Archmage
I'm @Graylorne. I don't twitter all that much, I never was one for small talk (lack of interesting things happening over here). Mostly about my books, or reacting to other people. Nowadays I often twitter bilangual, so should you want to try your Dutch, come and visit.

I use Twitter. My handle is here: https://twitter.com/The_Drill99

I mostly only re-tweet articles and blogs I find interesting. I rarely just talk with people on it. I use Facebook for that as I actually know most of the people on Facebook, whereas I use Twitter mostly to see what's going on with news, books, games, and other things. I occasionally post something (an observation, a quote, etc.) but other than that I rarely interact with people. Maybe I'll change that in the future, but for now I just like to use it to find interesting links and such.

Cool, I've no idea how I'm going to use it yet.

Mythic Scribes is on Twitter. You can connect with us here:

http://twitter.com/mythicscribes

We use it build connections with other writers. Twitter brings a lot of new members to our community.

I already have, one of the first sites I chose to follow :).

I'm (shockingly enough) @Tlbodine on Twitter. I peek on there often, but the place intimidates me so I don't necessarily talk much. But you should come talk to me over there because I get lonely and insecure ;)

Yes, I looks like a bit of a daunting place, I've found that unless I know what I'm looking for its a bit vast to just browse.

I'm @Graylorne. I don't twitter all that much, I never was one for small talk (lack of interesting things happening over here). Mostly about my books, or reacting to other people. Nowadays I often twitter bilangual, so should you want to try your Dutch, come and visit.

Hmm, I've never tried learning Dutch before, but if you want you can send me a tweet and see how long it takes me to translate it :D.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Done.

Dutch is a difficult language to learn. It's very illogical.

I knew it before I knew English (went to kindergarten in Holland), but have forgotten almost all of it. Sometimes when I speak I find myself structuring sentences as one would in Dutch, probably because my mother has always structured hers that way so I heard it a lot growing up.

Xaysai

Inkling
Cool, I've no idea how I'm going to use it yet.

I already have, one of the first sites I chose to follow :).

My recommendation is to use it to interact with people.

There are so many people that do nothing but spam links to their books/websites that it's refreshing to come across people who actually use to to *gasp* communicate.

I am @DJamesCassidy

Some of the authors I enjoy following are @SamSykesSwears, @Scalzi, @PVBrett, @ChuckWendig, @Author_Sullivan (Michael J. Sullivan).

Edit: I have added you all : )

Last edited: