• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Anyone? Warm bodies?

SeverinR

Vala
Warm bodies; Zombie love story,
is it sparkly vampires turned into a zombie appocolypse love story?

Is it worth seeing or should I tell my daughters she'll have to see it with friends or her mother?

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Well, it's not Twilight. All I've looked at is the Wiki article for the book, and the Zombie relationship is much creepier.

The Zombie she falls in love with is eating her dead friend's brains to gain his memories.

Not sure that makes any sense, and I don't expect to see it, but whatever.

WyrdMystic

Inkling
I think Warm Bodies will be worth a laugh but the similarities will be too hard to miss. Go in with a zombie mind on and laugh yourself through it.

I'm going to watch it. I bet my wife will make me watch Beautiful Creatures as well.

If you want another zombie love story then Deadheads was pretty funny.

I'd call it an inversion of Twilight--rather than a human perspective on how awesome the undead are, it's an undead perspective on how awesome humans are. I've been quite vocal about how much I loved the book, and I think the movie was in some ways better.

SeverinR

Vala
moral of the story?
We are all walking dead trying to find brains, until we find someone to make our hearts go a flutter?

Aravelle

Sage
I've heard nothing but good about it, and that it's nothing like twilight except for it being a "paranormal" romance. The zombies are still very much zombies... except, they have a cure, one that doesn't explode or require a syringe, for that matter. I think it looks adorable.