• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Aspiring Writer

Kestrel

Scribe
Hello everyone!

This is my first attempt at serious writing and I chanced upon this forum when looking for tips.
I never would have considered myself a writer, but really want to be.

I've been a big reader since I was a teen, but also a big time fantasy video game player. It was my love of fantasy video games that made me want to write my story. Anyone else here turn to writing because of video games?

I've had these 3 humanoid sister characters in my head since I was 13, and as I've grown up I've created a whole new world and story to go with them. I'm 33 now and my story for these women has become so interesting and complex in my head I just had to write it down. I want to write a book for each of them as they each have their own backstory full of tragity and adventure that brought them to where they are today. So here I am!

One month into my writing and I have approximately 33,000 words for my first characters book. I am having so much fun bringing my characters to life and telling their story. I feel like my characters are the heros I wish I could be.

I look forward to learning as much as I can from the community here!

Hello Kestrel and welcome to the Scribes site! You are in an enviable position. To have had these characters travel with you through twenty years of your own life, it seems they must be well rounded and complex by now, and I imagine they have been pushing YOU to bring them to the page. Best of luck and I hope the site and the wonderful community here can be of help and offer support along the way. :)

Kestrel

Scribe
I never thought of it that way, but I like it! Putting them on the page has really brought out their personalities. Some of them in ways I didn't expect.
Thank you for the warm wishes.