1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Assassin's Creed: Origins

Discussion in 'Games' started by Reaver, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Black Dragon

Black Dragon Staff Administrator

Very cool, Reaver. I haven't been able to slay any of the pharaoh's shadows yet. They are on some sort of timer, and always go away before I can defeat them.

Reaver likes this.
  2. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

Thanks BD! The key is to stay close, (but not too close) and use your favorite (but highest) level weapon on them. If you need to regain some health, back off a bit and use a composite bow that fires flaming arrows. Those do quite a bit of damage.

Black Dragon likes this.
  3. Reaver

Oh, and by the way....

skip.knox likes this.
  4. Black Dragon

Black Dragon Staff Administrator

Do you think we will see Bayek again in a future game? It could be fun for him to explore Rome during the height of the empire.

Reaver likes this.
  5. Reaver

I hope so. In my opinion, Bayek is the most well developed AC character thus far. Now if only there were an expert on Roman history around here for Ubisoft to hire as a writer...
    [​IMG]

Black Dragon likes this.
  6. skip.knox

skip.knox toujours gai, archie Moderator

*snort*
    I'm a medievalist, not an ancient historian. Though I am getting to be pretty ancient and intend to keep letting my hair grow until I can braid it like this guy.

My wife and I played the heck out of Origins. It's so much fun simply to run around. I wouldn't mind at all having them do a game set in Rome, but I've heard rumors classical Greece might be next on the list. I think it would be an interesting mash-up to go to Asia or India, mixing with whatever local assassin-type groups that might be there. Tricky cultural waters to navigate, to be sure.

Reaver, Sheilawisz and Black Dragon like this.
  7. Reaver

I think that a story set in Greece is more likely since Ubisoft already did the whole Ezio Auditore da Firenze trilogy. Feudal Japan would be a cool setting.

8. Sheilawisz

Sheilawisz Queen of Titania Moderator

Hello everyone!

I heard that Greece is going to be the setting for the next AC game, too. Apparently, the developers wanted to include Greece as part of AC Origins but it was not possible, so now that is going to be an entire game.

So far, I have not purchased AC Origins yet.

The game continues to be overly expensive here, and on top of that I am playing a lot of AC Unity at the moment. Anyway, I have a question about Origins and I hope that you guys can help me with this!

Does Origins cause your Playstation 4 to heat a lot?

You see, my PS4 suffers a lot when I play Arno's game. The heating is obvious and alarming, to the point that sometimes I have been forced to quit the game so my Playstation 4 can have a rest. For some reason, Syndicate runs just fine apart of the occasional weird bugs.

I have a normal PS4, not a slim model or that crazy Pro thing.

Reaver likes this.
  9. Reaver

Origins doesn't cause my PS4 to heat more than it normally it does although I will say that I notice my fan kicking in a little sooner than usual with Origins. In my experience, games that require an online connection tend to make the PS4 run a little hotter than normal. Doubly so when its a game that isn't digital, meaning there's a disc inserted in the PS4. In my case, I had this problem with Batman: Arkham Knight. My solution was simple. I bought a 4 inch diameter desk fan and placed behind my PS4 to augment the fan inside. This really made a big difference.

I also keep my PS4 at least 18 inches away from the wall and every week I ensure that the vents on the back are free from dust. Hope these tips help. :D

Black Dragon and Sheilawisz like this.