• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Aurei of Westmark

ecdavis

Troubadour
For some reason it feels really weird self-promoting, but here it goes:

I began a fantasy series I call the 'Chronicles of Aurei' which will be a trilogy. The first book, 'Aurei of Westmark' has been 'published' on Booksie at this address: Aurei of Westmark -- Book 1 Chronicles of Aurei - Fantasy Novel - Fantasy, Drow, Dark - Booksie

The story is about a Drow girl who was found as a newborn, floating in a mill pond inside an Elven carriage that had washed downstream. No-one knew where she came from or who gave birth to her, but she was raised by Gamel Bugley, the duke of a very small backwater duchy named Westmark. Gamel also owned the town's Inn, called the Muddy Boot, and Aurei works there growing up as a serving wench.

When Aurei is 74 years old (teen years for a Drow) her adopted human father lays dying and she is faced with not only having to survive without her protector, but face a very uncertain future, which is compounded by increased activity by a shadowy group of wizards known as the Necromancer's Guild.

Aurei faces growing up, fitting in, and even taking charge in this novel. Her story is continued in the second book of the series, "The Knights of Northmarch" which is currently being posted, one chapter a day, on Booksie. The final book, which I'm now working on, will be called 'Bane of the Necromancers' and I hope to have it on Booksie this fall.

The whole universe where these stories take place is also being very slowly fleshed out. I have a rather long short story also on Booksie that deals with Aurei's daughter, 85 years after the events of the trilogy, titled, "Ambush at Orc Pass".

All this stuff can be accessed at my Booksie page here: ecdavis on Booksie

I don't have any intentions of publishing any of it (in a paper book format) as I don't imagine it would be good enough to interest a publisher, but I think it might be worth casual reading.

ecdavis