• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Australians?

Jamber

Sage
Me too! Would love to be involved. I'm eastern seaboard based but don't hold that against me. :)

Last edited:

Jamber

Sage
Hi Laurencewins and other Australian writers,

I took the liberty of starting a group for us and others (Ozwriters). It has a sheep's head logo (sorry about that –*not many pics on my computer are 'Aussie' enough). If anyone has a better logo, feel free... :)

By the way, I'm new here, but I've been involved in writing and editing for 20 years (as well as teaching it). However I don't for an instant believe I'm an expert in fantasy writing, so I'm happy for someone else to take charge if they wish. Otherwise I'll moderate it for a while (just to make sure everyone is an Australian in some way, shape or form) and we can start.

We have special challenges in coming from a small population and trying to work out our issues on the world wide web... I like to think we'll have a lot in common.

cheers
Jamber

Edited to add name of group.

Jess A

Archmage
Hmm, can't seem to edit my post -- I've deleted the group as there were no takers. :)

:| -blink- I didn't get online for two days so didn't see the group or this post. Can you please make it again? I will join it. Just know that it might take me a day or two to get back to join it (but I will try to check tomorrow when I get home, in between writing articles). ;) If you want to moderate it, that's great. I have no time for that unfortunately, but I will try to be of some use.

By the way, nice to meet you. That's an impressive number of years. I can't claim the same. I write fiction and some freelance journalism when the opportunity presents, but I've only had journalism stuff published - no fiction yet, but that's because I haven't finished a book yet. I'm also a book seller. That is me in a nut shell.

Last edited:

Jamber

Sage
:| -blink- I didn't get online for two days so didn't see the group or this post. Can you please make it again? I will join it. Just know that it might take me a day or two to get back to join it (but I will try to check tomorrow when I get home, in between writing articles). ;) If you want to moderate it, that's great. I have no time for that unfortunately, but I will try to be of some use.

By the way, nice to meet you. That's an impressive number of years. I can't claim the same. I write fiction and some freelance journalism when the opportunity presents, but I've only had journalism stuff published - no fiction yet, but that's because I haven't finished a book yet. I'm also a book seller. That is me in a nut shell.

Oh! Sorry LittleStormCloud, that was rather rude of me. I'm so glad you're interested! Would be lovely to talk about background and writing interests too. I'll put the group back up, and leave it there -- just check in when you feel like it.

I'm not sure whether it should be moderated or not, but will tick 'yes' until I have a better idea.

cheers
Jamber

Jess A

Archmage
Oh! Sorry LittleStormCloud, that was rather rude of me. I'm so glad you're interested! Would be lovely to talk about background and writing interests too. I'll put the group back up, and leave it there -- just check in when you feel like it.

I'm not sure whether it should be moderated or not, but will tick 'yes' until I have a better idea.

cheers
Jamber

Joined up :)

Jamber

Sage
See you there, and hopefully we'll get a quorum soon enough. Would love to hear what you're working on.

Jamber

Sage
I find that unless I'm overseas I don't notice Australia-day. If I'm overseas it's different and I can get quite nostalgic (Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, oy, oy, oy).
What will you be doing?

Jess A

Archmage
I find that unless I'm overseas I don't notice Australia-day. If I'm overseas it's different and I can get quite nostalgic (Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, oy, oy, oy).
What will you be doing?

Hehe yeah. I think every time I come home from another country, I realise just how much I love living here.

We're having a party. Most of my family is overseas as well; usually we would be having a family lunch, but not this year.

laurencewins

Dreamer
I don't usually do anything except probably work. I live alone and am not really social nowadays. But I do know that lots of people do make a big day or weekend of it. Monday is a holiday so it is a long weekend.

Jess A

Archmage
I don't usually do anything except probably work. I live alone and am not really social nowadays. But I do know that lots of people do make a big day or weekend of it. Monday is a holiday so it is a long weekend.

That is fair enough. I actually chose to work Monday, so I'll be doing something Sat night and nothing Sunday.

Would you care to join Jamber's Ozwriters group? :) If you click on my profile or Jamber's, you can access it there.

We are considering allowing New Zealand members join as well.

Jamber

Sage
Yes, I think we should open it to anyone in this general region! :)

Lawrencewins, do you mind if I ask what you're working on fantasy-wise? I just noticed you're an editor too. (I do a bit of editing and proofreading freelance.)

Feels like we've got a few things in common, apart from being Aussies. Do join our little club, if you feel like it!

cheers
Jamber

Jamber

Sage
New Australian/NZ-only fantasy (and other) writers' forum:
Ozebooks | Australian ebook author and reader portal.

The writers' group section here doesn't allow long posts or notifications, so please feel free to sign onto Ozebooks if you'd like to talk about fantasy writing from a down under perspective.

At present the forum is private, but I'll be altering a few subforums so they show up in searches. Meanwhile I'll do a little membership drive, so don't be alarmed that it's only got a very small membership base at the moment.

Note: For anyone who wants to join, PM me with your preferred login and email address, and I'll sign you up and give you a password.