• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Author blog is go!

Ryan_Crown

Troubadour
In an effort to build my author brand, I've setup my author website/blog. Not much there yet, but the goal is to write a new blog post every Friday. Would love for people to check it out and let me know what they think. The site is:

Ryan Crown - Aspiring fantasy/sci-fi author

I've also got a mailing list on there for anyone interested in following the site.

I've added my email to your mailing list at your blog site. I'm also going to be involved with NaNo this year, but will look forward to receiving your blog updates in December. Have fun with NaNo.

TWErvin2

Auror
Ryan,
A good start. I would suggest adding relevant pictures to the text. It will break up the text and add interest, making the blog more appealing to readers who first stop by.

Ryan_Crown

Troubadour
Thanks for the replies. Pamela, what's your username on Nano? I'd love to add you as a writing buddy. TWErvin2 -- thanks for the suggestion. I'd thought about pictures, but still trying to figure out a good way to integrate them. The other issue, of course, is making sure whatever pictures I use are either free or have a creative commons license (I'd hate to use someone's photo/drawing without their permission).