• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Awful Boughts, a new thought

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
If your also boughts get screwed up on Amazon, and you have the money to advertise, I have a theory that might just work. Recently, I had fraudulent charges on my card with which I was paying Amazon's AMS ads with. So, that card got shut down, but I didn't get it changed on AMS so I ran for about two weeks not realizing that I owed Amazon $26. In that time, my also boughts cleared up 4 or 5 of what I call Awful Boughts. My theory is, that if you owe Amazon money on their ads, they stop doing email promos and whatever else which keeps these suckers in your list. So, for the past couple weeks I had no new awful boughts, and was eliminating old ones, BUT then I put in the new card, and today!

A brand new Awful Bought.

I might just have to test this theory by trying to pay with a dead card again. If Amazon stops cross-promoting while I owe them money, it would make sense that the also's are organic from my ads and more tuned to Fantasy.

And it might just be reading tea leaves, but it's a helluva coincidence. If it works, I lose some sales in the short term, but long term it should be useful.