• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Battleship

Telcontar

Staff
Just saw a preview for this movie. Seems like a War of the Worlds meets Transformers thing. The preview looked awesome - and I saw that Liam Neeson is in it, so that bodes well. I'm a bit of a sucker for special-effects driven sci fi movies, so I'll definitely be seeing this.

Anyone else seen anything about it?

I saw a teaser trailer a couple of months ago. Who knows if it'll be any good (after Pirates of the Caribbean, it's no longer reasonable to say that a movie will be bad just because the source material is something as absurd as a theme park ride or board game), but it does at least promise the thrill of special effects. So if there's somehow a dearth of effects movies around that time, and it's not completely moronic, it might lure me in ;-)

Telcontar

Staff
This is a thrill ride movie?

And Ben, did you ever see Skyline? If not, don't bother. Great special effects, some not-too-horrible acting, big spaceships, fun visuals... and yet still sucked a fat one. So moronic. Aie.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
So, yesterday I went to the Galerías Mall so excited to finally watch Battleship!!

I read somewhere that it will not be released in the US until May 18th, so sorry if I spoil the surprise for many of you here in Mythic Scribes: I was expecting to watch a movie full of action, battleships, artillery fire and everything, but it turned out to be more like a comedy movie and not really a war/action movie =(

You will laugh a lot with this movie, it's good and it has its moments, but... just not what I was expecting!!

It's kind of slow to start, the characters are uninspiring and then the aliens are not a great deal after all- Anyway, the few battle scenes were exciting at some parts =)

This is a thrill ride movie?

And Ben, did you ever see Skyline? If not, don't bother. Great special effects, some not-too-horrible acting, big spaceships, fun visuals... and yet still sucked a fat one. So moronic. Aie.

I thought it looked interesting, but then the reviews came in and were strongly negative. A friend of mine watched it a few months later and it took her an entire lunch to tell us how bad it was.

Robert Donnell

Minstrel
Battleship was filmed at Films in Motion studios in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, I got to tour the sound stage while Battleship was filming. It looks like a turkey, but I will go see it just for fun.

Endymion

Troubadour
Don't go see that movie! Have you heard the saying "if you won't watch their shitty movies, they will stop making them"!

Agran Velion

Minstrel
I went and saw it with a few friends, and it wasn't as bad as I expected. Explosions were okay, the destruction of the ships were nice, and the ending with the actual vets made it for me.

I give it a 3/5.

Could definitively have used more Liam Neeson.