• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Blog Post Exchange instead of a Blog Tour

TWErvin2

Auror
In late June my newest fantasy novel will be released.

I'm hoping to spread the word via blogs, but would like to try something a little different than a blog tour, even though it might be just a different shade of the same notion--and not necessarily a new thing (and certainly related to a blog hop).

In any case, instead of establishing a tour where I'd visit various blogs (some online entrepreneurs have even set up businesses helping to arrange these for authors), I would like to exchange a blog post (interview or an article) with other bloggers.

Interviews I've done in the past at my blog include authors discussing their books and experiences, as well as artists, narrators and editors discussing aspects of the writing business and their experiences.

My blog Up Around the Corner gets a little over 2000 visitors a month, and continues to slowly grow. In addition to writing/authoring etc., I discuss a variety of things on my blog--movies, events, an article or video I've come across--what ever is of interest to me, and hopefully the visitors to my blog.

In the end, although it may be difficult to gauge exactly, I plan to given an account here of the success of this venture, including the time and effort put forth and how it may have affected the initial success of Soul Forge's release. Hopefully it'll be a rough data point to guide other writers here, and also offer an opportunity for other writers to extend their reach to other potential readers.

If you might be interested, in this venture, let me know by emailing me: terrywervin2 - at - yahoo dot com, and we can discuss details of a potential exchange.

TWErvin2

Auror
I received an email from a writer with a blog asking if they didn't have a novel yet available if the exchange would be good for a later post, when they either found a publisher or self-published. Yes, that arrangement would work perfectly fine. I plan to continue to blog many years into the future.