• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Blood fetish

I finished my first novel and I'm currently looking for an agent. Here is the pitch.

Marissa Dey is a psychic for the local law-enforcement. The job is taking a toll on her mental and physical health. Waking up in the morgue with no memory of how she got there wasn’t the vacation Marissa planned.

William, the local vampire king first encountered Marissa when she was a child. Fascinated by her psychic abilities he’s kept tabs on her. William is horrified when he learns one of his subjects has attacked and inadvertently turned Marissa into a vampire. To make matters worse Marissa’s assailant has kidnapped her and tried to hide her and his crime.

After William rescues Marissa from the vampire who put her in the morgue, someone tries to assassinate one of them. Feelings develop between William and Marissa as William guides Marissa through her transformation into becoming a vampire, but Marissa’s psychic abilities are changing, too. They face attempts on their lives, injuries, issues with her transformation and Marissa's psychic gift getting her in trouble.

Marissa receives a vision of someone trying to harm her best friend. Marissa rushes to warn her friend, nearly causes a traffic accident, which involves the police. The entire force has been looking for Marissa ever since her “body” disappeared from the morgue. Marissa is frantic to help her friend and doesn’t want to go with the officers to explain her disappearance. The police are forced to arrest Marissa, but her detective partner gets her released. As Marissa walks out the door the sun rises causing Marissa to fall into the death-sleep all vampires must endure. The other vampires call for Marissa’s true death for risking their exposure.

William uses every resource to contain the situation, but will it be enough?

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
The self-promotion forum is for people actually promoting a published work, and you're not quite there yet. If you're looking for critiques on your pitch, I can move this to the Showcase. If you're looking for tips on finding an agent, I could move this to Promotions or Marketing.

Let me know. You can send me a PM.