• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

can you recommend any good services for creating cover art?

JMFitton

Acolyte
The title holds the question. I have a story, but no cover. It's not something I feel I would make a good job of myself, so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions of services I could use to do it for me?

LadyofKaos

Scribe
There are tons of people on Facebook that do book covers. You'll have to troll through & look at their work to see if any grab your eye. Some do excellent work.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
or deviant art. You can either find a cover artist or just an artist who will paint you a picture, then you can send it to an editor to turn it into a cover. I have contacted a private freelance editor and she also does covers. You may have some luck with a freelance editor (who you will want to talk to anyways before self-publishing). Basically, for folks who frequently do covers, they have subscriptions to free photo sites and they have the programs to create the art. It's nicer than doing it yourself and they also have the benefit over other artists, of knowing what kinds of covers sell books and look great as thumbnails, too.

C

Chessie

Hi! Kerry from "Alchemy Book Covers" did an amazing job on one of my covers. Her prices are very reasonable. She's also fast, professional, and easy to work with.