1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Character Interviews?

Discussion in 'Ask the Staff' started by Mythos, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Mythos

Mythos Troubadour

Here's an interesting writing exercise. We post our character's bio while pretending to be them, so autobiography. Then the other members ask the character questions, and the original poster answers all the questions as his/her character. We could probably put them in the challenges subforum.

2. Interesting ideea. That may even help us with discover aspects about our characters that we didn't even know about.

3. Mythos

Mythos Troubadour

Exactly! I got the idea from another forum, and I thought that it would be a good addition to this one.

4. I like this idea!

5. Amanita

Amanita Maester

Yes, I'd join in as well. What would be the right forum to do this in?

6. Kelise

Kelise Maester

I'd quite like this as well ^^ Maybe if we keep it all to the one thread, and quote each other when replying/answering, it could go in the challenges subforum like Mythos suggested. If we each had our own thread for each character, it would need it's own place, like Introductions, eek!

7. Mythos

Mythos Troubadour

It would be kind of confusing to have them all in one thread, but if each character has a thread then it'll still be messy anyways. I'd rather have one character thread per user, and they can decide which character they want interviewed that day.

8. Amanita

Amanita Maester

I have a few questions on the character biograpgies. How long are they supposed to be? And are they supposed to be before or after the events of the story, or somewhere in between?

9. Mythos

Mythos Troubadour

I'd imagine it would be before the story and maybe the very beginning of it as well. This way you could get ideas for the rest of the story.

10. I already know what character I wanna use... I just need to know when and where >.<

11. JGSTYLE

JGSTYLE Acolyte

This is definitely a great idea. Staying in the voice of your character while being forced to consider "outside stimuli" as it were. Very cool. Did this happen already?

12. Fodwocket

Fodwocket Minstrel

I'll be totally keen for this when it gets going ^_^

13. Amorus

Amorus Dreamer

This is a great idea. Have the details been settled yet?

14. Dr.Dorkness

Dr.Dorkness Minstrel

I quite like this as well. is it allowed to do two chars instead of just one?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  15. Kate

Kate Troubadour

A yes vote from me. Great idea! :D

16. Ravana

Ravana Istar

A thread has already been started in the Challenges subforum, but as mentioned here and there, it would probably be more useful for this to be a separate subforum in the Showcase, so that each character can have a different thread. From looking at this thread and the other one, it appears there should be enough interest to justify this.

17. Black Dragon

Black Dragon Staff Administrator

The new Brainstorming & Planning subforum can be used for these interviews, among other things.

18. Immortal

Immortal New Member

Excellent! Let us know when to send the bio of the character.

19. Matthew Bishop

Matthew Bishop Scribe

Should we begin on this thread?

20. Matthew Bishop

Matthew Bishop Scribe

Sorry-- did not see those last posts