1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Character updates

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Steerpike, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Nihal

Nihal Vala

Nope, Metra's First Revitalization is a different spell. Mauve didn't know it used life magic until now and I bet there are others. xD

The other Healing spell as just identified as "Healing", it's Calexa's spell and it's equivalent to Cure Light Wounds. The Revitalization is one of the lizard's shaman spellbook that Mauve had no clue of what it did.

Heh, Mauve didn't use half of the spells she already know and is adding more to her arsenal. She'll add Call of Death, then, if she has enough time she'll keep studying: Morcant's Grand Immolation, Favor of the Goddess and Calexa's Healing in this respective order.

2. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Nifty! :D Sounds like they'll have quite the variety at their disposal. Do you know the levels of all these spells?

3. Nihal

Nihal Vala

Nope. Most of them are nothing like something she might have seen back at home, usually you only get to know the details by trying.

Since Líadan has Mauve's spellbook she can read the other spells she already know (excluding Calexa's, which pre-Act III she had yet to copy). The first and older entries might look as if written in another language, she coded them better—now she doesn't have much time for this. They're not on the list above, but they are arcane magic. Yep, she's paranoid.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  4. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

That "Healing" spell undid 14 points of damage against Tommen (my 13 and Alin's sad 1), and I guess it was just full HP period? No roll was shown, but that doesn't necessarily mean there was no GM roll.

I love that my next attack was also 13 damage.

5. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Maybe it was 1d8+6 that magically happened to roll the maximum? (Though 1d14 would be pretty awesome for a healing spell.)

6. Nihal

Nihal Vala

Yeah, given the other rolls it could be a +something effect, also, we don't know if he was fully healed. His wound might have been closed superficially.

7. Legendary Sidekick

When I was on the plane to HK, I actually wondered if Calexa was an illusionist, and the full health spell was fake—or maybe was real healing but not as effective as it looked. The golden hammer seemed illusionist-like, but obviously this was not the case.

8. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

This is where some GM input would come in very handy. XD

9. Nihal

Nihal Vala

The hammer sounds cleric-ish to me. I think clerics really get a similar spell with a random weapon attacking a certain foe. It fits in with the other spells, which had clerical components on their casting, being the immolation the only one best for arcane users than life magic users.

About the heal... Let's see. xD

10. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

What spell would this be?

11. Nihal

Nihal Vala

*checking quickstart*

Spiritual Weapon, lvl 2: "Divine weapon attacks on telepathic command."
    Sounds like her hammer, doesn't it?

P.s.: Líadan really should peek at other entries of Mauve's spellbook. I've just seen other two possibly divine-type spells similar to the ones she learned lately.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  12. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Oooh, I never noticed that one. Sounds like something that could be useful!

As soon as they have the time to rest again (probably after this next battle), she definitely will check them out. :D

13. Legendary Sidekick

*cough* Act II thread.

Ireth and Nihal like this.
  14. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Good point! Though she's already busy with other spells at the moment, and I'm not sure how much time has already passed.

15. Nihal

Nihal Vala

Only about 2 hours when Baldhart returned and they were chatting.

Ireth likes this.
  16. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

Ah, the strange mysteries of magic. You guys will learn more about those spells as you're using them :) I will say that Calexa was not an illusionist :)

Nihal and Ireth like this.
  17. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Typical cat, sly and secretive as ever. XD

Steerpike likes this.
  18. Legendary Sidekick

She was a druid, but we interrupted her snake transformation?

19. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Snakus interuptus?
    I hate when that happens.

20. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Aliron
    Level 3 (exp-3355)
    hp:14
    Mp.1
    Str:9, Int:13(p)(+1), wis:9; dex-18(p)(+3 checks), Con;9, Chr-8(-1 for checks)
    Gold:77 g 1sp
    diamond, 2 other gems (110gp)
    dwarven gold-71
    Magic: First aid

+1 scimitar, longsword, +1Heart seeker bow, dagger,
    able to hide and move silently (seperate checks)
    practiced dual weild with scimitar and longsword.

ability changed for the 1 point related to elfen magic.(no not the cookie kind)

[I updated gold to 71 which is divided by 10, it will be 79 if we divide by 9.]