• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Charity Ties for your Work

Hi guys,

I'm developing a short story that I am planning on giving 50% of the proceeds to a charity and was wondering if anyone else has any advice for doing charity tie-ins. I plan on contacting the charity and getting permission to use their name/link etc, but if anyone else has done this with anything, I'd appreciate the advice.

Thanks!
~Zero

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Is the story finished, and do the themes/content have anything to do with the charity?

((edit))

To be honest, I'm a little hesitant to offer advice without seeing something of the story because that kind of thing can backfire and cannibalize on contributions to the charity if you give it too big of a push.

Last edited:
The story's in the final stages. It's about trees being sapient and being able to communicate with each other in a sort of extra-dimensional world but don't understand how humans live.

Planning on giving to Arbor Day Foundation or something similar. I've seen several sci-fi space marine type stories give to Wounded Warrior and I think that's a great charity, but the story itself is about trees and it's one that my fiancee already gives to so I was going to go with Arbor Day.

I don't really care about getting any marketing for the work through the charity, although if so it would be a win-win for everyone, but I was planning on giving to the charity with the proceeds from the work anyway, so I was looking for other people that have done this or have advice on it.