1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Chat Says I'm Offline

Discussion in 'Ask the Staff' started by evolution_rex, Nov 22, 2015.

1. evolution_rex

evolution_rex Inkling

The chatroom has been working fine for me until yesterday. It says I'm 'offline' and I can see the other members in the chat, but I can't post or see what others are posting in the chat. There are no options for me to use. Anyone know what my issue is and how to fix it?

EDIT: Sorry, resolved the issue directly after posting this.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  2. vaiyt

vaiyt Scribe

You could at least say how, since I'm having the same problem.

3. Devor

Devor Fiery Keeper of the Hat Moderator

This happens to me sometimes, and it's usually fixed by logging out and back in. But I think there really is no button to turn it back on once you turn it off.

4. Caged Maiden

Caged Maiden Staff Article Team

I log out and in and it fixes. i had this happen for like two months, until I just logged out and back in, and since, I've had it happen only a couple more times, but that fixes it for me.

5. Heliotrope

Heliotrope Staff Article Team

I have this problem if I'm using Safari, I can't log in at all. If I'm using Chrome then the toggle bar works for me. Maybe change your browser.

6. FifthView

FifthView Istar

I'm using Chrome, and I'm "offline." When I hit the toggle menu, my only option is "turn off chat." There's no option to actually go online w/ the chat, that I can find...

Edit: BUT I followed Devor's advice, logged out and then back in, and that logged me into chat.

7. MiguelDHorcrux

MiguelDHorcrux Minstrel

Mine is offline on the first ten minutes or so of being online.