• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Chocolate Muffins

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
In the chat lately I've been bragging about the chocolate muffins I've made a couple of times recently. This is the recipe:
For unit conversions if you're not comfortable with grams or millilitres, use: https://www.google.ie/search?q=unit...ie=UTF-8#es_sm=119&espv=210&q=unit+conversion

Duration: 1 hour, 30 minutes in the oven
12 large muffins
Ingredients:
150g butter
200 ml sugar
100g dark chocolate
2 eggs
1.5 tsp vanilla essence
1 tablespoon baking powder
5 tablespoons cocoa
350 ml plain flour
200 ml milk
Process:
Preheat the oven to 175 ° C. (that's about 350 F)
Cut up the butter and place in a bowl (so time to get a bit warmer than refrigerator cold). Pour in the granulated sugar.
Grease a muffin pan that holds 12 large muffins (or use large muffin cups). Chop the chocolate.
Beat butter and sugar until smooth, using electric mixer.
Add the eggs, one at a time and whisk quickly into a fine paste.
Beat in the vanilla and baking soda.
Beat in the cocoa.
Beat in flour and milk together. Whisk until smooth.
Stir with a spoon down the chopped chocolate.
Spread the batter into the muffin molds.
Bake in oven at 175 ° C for about 30 minutes.

Warning:
This is NOT part of a balanced and healthy diet.
However, it's good for your soul.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
100 Milliliters is 0.422675 US Cups. So 200 ml is a little bit less than a cup. 350 ml is a decent bit less than 2 cups, but more than a cup and a half.

100 grams is 3.5274 oz. So 150 grams is a bit more than 5 oz, but not quite 6.

1 egg is the same amount of eggs in Europe as in the US so 2 eggs are roughly 2 eggs, do not include shells.
Edit: Please note that while metric eggs are square, they contain the same amount of eggness on the inside.

Last edited:

Ireth

Myth Weaver
I wonder how well these would work with gluten free flour? I have a friend with a gluten allergy, and these might be interesting to try when I'm staying with her next week, if we have time.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I don't actually know. The recipe doesn't actually say and I don't know enough about baking to dare give any advice.