1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Chronicles Of Zorn

Discussion in 'Mythic Roleplaying' started by Dark Lord Thomas Pie, Jun 23, 2020.

1. When Chronicles Of Zorn is ready, I'll post here and you all(those who posted on discussion thread) will too. For then:
    "Welcome, adventurers!" a voice sounds out. You all awaken in an almost empty alley with a cloaked man standing somewhere in your field of vision, yet you can't quite pinpoint where. He has a name tag that reads: Murder Hobos R' Us: Hi I'm ---

ShadeZ likes this.
  2. --James

ShadeZ likes this.
  3. ShadeZ

ShadeZ Sage

Coleson looked around confused,"Umm where and when am I? Also tell Zeke if he teleported me again I'll have his hide for this. Who are you? Illusion mage right? I assume so given how blurry you are. I'm Coleson Pyrite of Winterheim. Who are you? Apart from James, what is your house name and what region do you hail from."

Dark Lord Thomas Pie likes this.
  4. "I am a representative of Murder Hobos R' Us. I require you three to go on an adventure for us." James says, his mouth clacking. "And I am no illusionist. Hardly ever casted illusion."

ShadeZ likes this.
  5. ShadeZ

ShadeZ Sage

"Murder hobos? Eh been around worse Death Bringing Death isn't exactly a pleasant species either. Tell me more of this mission."

6. "The Duke of Goremheim has kidnapped by followers of demonic entities."

ShadeZ likes this.
  7. ShadeZ

ShadeZ Sage

"Erm, was this Duke in alliance with the cult of Azear by any chance because if he was I might know who kidnapped him. Also if he was then he is probably dead already."

8. Hir i-Chorvath

Hir i-Chorvath Inkling

"Yeah, yeah, got it. There's a perilous adventure that might be pointless," Esvelle says, "What matters to me, Mister James, is if there's money involved, doesn't matter what kind, but will there be loot?"

ShadeZ and Dark Lord Thomas Pie like this.
  9. "A businessperson I see. Yes, their will be lots of gold. Who is the cult of Azear? Never mind."

ShadeZ likes this.
  10. Hir i-Chorvath

Hir i-Chorvath Inkling

"Great," Esvelle grinned, "Then how do we find the gold- I mean Duke?"

11. "What about your sea elf friend, Korfel?" James smiled

ShadeZ likes this.
  12. Hir i-Chorvath

Hir i-Chorvath Inkling

"I didn't suggest that we start without him, just asked for more details. But fine, I'll wait to ask questions." She said in a sulky tone. Esvelle leaned against a wall where she started to balance one of her knives on her fingertip.

13. "The duke is in the CAVE OF CAVEATS surrounded by caviar." James says eerily.

ShadeZ likes this.
  14. ShadeZ

ShadeZ Sage

Coleson noticed they didn't speak of Duke James a duke who the dragon slayer Zeke had decided to kidnap and kill, despite Colesons advice to the contrary. Coleson leaned against the alleyway wall sketching in his notebook a highborn griffon.

15. "Korfel, you haven't spoken yet. Do you accept the task as well?" James asked, turning to Korfel Galanodel.

ShadeZ likes this.
  16. "Hmmf. You can start without him. I think he's a bit...slow" James smiled.
    "The cave is south of the city gates, you can't miss it. Shoo! Shoo! Go do the quest."

ShadeZ likes this.
  17. ShadeZ

ShadeZ Sage

Coleson sighed and focused calling his artifact. He had lived with the dragon slayers over the last five years, each had two things their animal familiar and their artifact. For example, his best friend among them Zeke Arikson had his cloak often known as the cape of the ice king. Contrary to common cloaks this one made the wearer cold, the inside had a powerful ice spell merely from being in Zeke's presence. Furthermore if a mortal wore his cloak, it would freeze their body in time, dying men could be rush to get aid, mortals could be made immortal for the duration of their wearing it, the fatally sick could be healed until it was removed. However, if their was one thing Coleson knew people were protective of their artifact, he had only seen Zeke lend his cape to three people in five years.

Coleson summoned his artifact. A seemingly innocent knapsack with a strange shiny black sheer to it appeared. A small very adorable ferret like monster popped its head out of the top of the knapsack. The creature was light and dark shades of blue and had stripes down its body like the markings of a wolf. The creature seemed to easily change between this form and a fluid blue water form that was shaped like a ferret with glowing purple eyes. The creature turned to its fluid form and slithered to and up Colesons neck materializing once it got there. The creature chattered in his ear
    Coleson replied,"I have no idea where we are Marina, but we have a quest. Now..." Coleson pulled a notebook from his pack and instantly felt better as he put his hand over the blue leather book and closed his eyes. The notebook flipped rapidly then stopped and a picture of where they were appeared, he could ask Zeke later if he knew where this was. The book then magically flipped to a page and he chanted and incantation and sleek armor wrapped around him. He turned to Esvelle,"Are you prepared, my lady?"

18. James stares at the creature and says
    "What in the name of the Questing Beast is that?"

ShadeZ likes this.
  19. Hir i-Chorvath

Hir i-Chorvath Inkling

Esvelle flipped her dagger and sheathed it, grinning, and did nothing to hide her interest, "You bet. Also, is there a place you can find stuff like that? I'm not asking for any reason in particular."
    If there was... Then maybe she would have to visit it and could get some more cool stuff. She had a very strict rule against stealing from partners, at least, for the duration that they were working together, sometimes longer if she ended up liking them.

20. "Not that I know of," James says.
    He motions to the gates again.
    "Need I repeat your task?"

ShadeZ likes this.