1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Chronicles Of Zorn

Discussion in 'Mythic Roleplaying' started by Dark Lord Thomas Pie, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Hir i-Chorvath

Hir i-Chorvath Maester

Esvelle smirks, "We didn't forget what we're doing in the last two minutes since you told us. We've got to save some duke from a cave full of fish eggs and somewhere along the way, there's gold involved."

Dark Lord Thomas Pie likes this.
  2. ShadeZ

ShadeZ Sage

"She is a young water spirit." The ferret became fluid quickly and turned into a blue house cat,"She is a shapeshifter. One second here." The pages flipped rapidly and showed a picture of Marina's true watery form. Along the side was written

"Water spirits are benevolent monsters. Known for their ability to shapeshift and heal their friends. Their commonly known as mari dolphins because their true form resembles a dolphin. When they are in freshwater their entire temperament changes, they are highly aggressive in freshwater. You will know how aggressive they are because they turn pink when they come in contact with too much freshwater. These creatures are often kept as familiars by healers."

Coleson finished reading and looked a bit surprised,"And I've never seen her turn pink so I have no idea of the truth of that. And she loves fish eggs so we should be good to go."

3. Hir i-Chorvath

Hir i-Chorvath Maester

Esvelle grins, "Great, now unless you can tell me how to find one of those things, let's get going before Mister James decides to give the gold to someone else."

4. ShadeZ

ShadeZ Sage

Coleson contemplated this a moment,"Y-You mean you have never been to the faerie planes? You encounter monsters in the fae planes everyone who exists has a familiar a monster or dragon that is tied to them by a magical bond. Y-Yes lets depart and sort that out later." Coleson shouldered his pack ready to go.

5. Are you two walking out to the cave now or are you getting ready first?

6. The two of you walk out through the gates, after wading through the bleak streets, filled with coughing beggars that scurry away as you are nearby. Outside of the gates is a long winding road, and twenty feet away is tiny cave, with a sign that says, "KEEP OUT OR WE'LL DEVOUR YOUR FLESH"

ShadeZ likes this.
  7. ShadeZ

ShadeZ Sage

Coleson chuckled a little at the sign. The demiduur used to leave the bones of animals they had eaten and enemies they had slain outside their home, that was more intimidating. Coleson headed into the cave fearlessly.

8. Coleson, inside the cave is much bigger and full of stalactites and stalagmites, with a pit where some chanting is coming from.

ShadeZ likes this.
  9. ShadeZ

ShadeZ Sage

Coleson crept toward the chanting using air magic to silence his steps. Attempting to make out what they chanting was.

10. You make out the words: "Reol'kle /mo)n mou^7 .dmop h:;fchACKin"
    Green mist rises out of the pit.

11. ShadeZ

ShadeZ Sage

Coleson casts spell of invisibility and keeps walking looking for the duke.

12. A man's scream comes from the pit.

ShadeZ likes this.
  13. (What spells does Coleson know? I need a complete list)

14. ShadeZ

ShadeZ Sage

Umm, he knows basic and advanced magic and has spells in his book for almost anything. He can't do big magic though so for example where Zeke easily teleported the kitties to Raven Coleson would die if he attempted that. He could however portal one or two people tops. He can do medium level spells of any element, so where Kluke can turn into a dragon. Coleson MIGHT be able to change his hair color or grow fangs. Magically augmenting and polymorph is his weak spot. Hopefully that makes sense as there isnt a list so much.

15. Do you check the screams?

ShadeZ likes this.
  16. Hir i-Chorvath

Hir i-Chorvath Maester

Esvelle follows Coleson silently into the cave but loses interest in the pit quickly and she starts searching for loot instead

ShadeZ and Dark Lord Thomas Pie like this.
  17. The scream happens again."AAAAGGHHH! NO, PLEASE DON'T SACRIFICE ME!"
    Ensvelle, you find an obsidian blade etched with fiery symbols, with a jagged hilt.

ShadeZ likes this.
  18. Hir i-Chorvath

Hir i-Chorvath Maester

Esvelle glances towards the pit and then towards the blade.
    "Did mister James ever say that he wanted the duke alive?" She mutters to herself, studying the blade.
    She taps it cautiously with her dagger.

19. "Hi! I'm Flameheart! What's your name?" the sword asked.

ShadeZ likes this.
  20. Hir i-Chorvath

Hir i-Chorvath Maester

"Huh." Esvelle says quietly, "A talking sword. You happen to have any owner that I should know about?"