1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Cirque Du Freak Series

Discussion in 'Novels & Stories' started by Nick Jaden Williams, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Has anyone read the Cirque Du Freak Series by Darren Shan? I've read two of the books and I can't even remember what one of them was. I do remember that one was about a conflict between the vampires and the vampaneze (i think that's how you spell it). That book totally made my Grade 10 year! :D

2. Helbrecht

Helbrecht Minstrel

I read three of them when I was in school. Very enjoyable! Some of the best YA fantasy I ever did come across. :D

3. Black Dragon

Black Dragon Staff Administrator

I haven't read the books, but I did see the film starring John C. Reilly. Both my wife and myself thought that it was a lot of fun. It managed to strike a great balance between humor and dark subject matter. I'm sure that the books are even better.

4. Sezmo

Sezmo Dreamer

I've seen the movie and keep meaning to get hold of the books and read them. I'm not a lover of vampire stories and wasn't going to watch the movie but my hubby was watching it and I ended up becoming engrossed enough to put my book down to watch it.

5. utiuts

utiuts Acolyte

I read it in high school, and I'd read all of the series. The series is a lot of fun. It's quite dark for young adults, and that's probably why I liked it so much back then. It made me feel like a grown up, reading stuff about life and death. :D

6. ASMA.G.ABORROB

ASMA.G.ABORROB Acolyte

i actually read the first book i found it on the school library but i couldn't find the other books but it is nice :)

7. Allyssianne

Allyssianne Dreamer

I've read the series and really enjoyed it, but I found that they made a complete pig's ear of the film. It clung to the plot of the books by only the thinnest of threads. I recommend the books, but definitely not the film.

8. Empathy

Empathy Dreamer

I read the series loved it, I think Darren Shan is an excellent Young Adult author, but I agree with Allyssianne, that they did make a mess of the film as they have caused problems if they wished to bring out another film.

9. Shadoe

Shadoe Sage

I was intrigued by the film. I'm usually not a fan of John C. Reilly movies, but I thought this was a good change for him. Might see if I can scare up a couple of the books for my do-nothing weekend.