1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Commissioned Concept Art

Discussion in 'Fantasy Art' started by Nameback, May 8, 2013.

1. Nameback

Nameback Troubadour

Hi guys--I commissioned a concept art piece from someone recently.

It's of my dragon POV character, var-Ayas Telem. I was going for more of a bird/dinosaur look, and I think it came out great. I asked the artist if she would like me to post her contact info here, and will do so if she agrees. It cost me $40 and included a first draft and revision phase. So I actually got two full concepts--the first one, and then I gave feedback and she did this one. Really happy with how it came out.

edit: Here is her website, which includes an email address where you can contact her. She also does book covers. http://lauramakesart.com/

[​IMG]

link for full-size image: http://i.imgur.com/W6ynNLK.jpg

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  2. Jabrosky

Jabrosky Banned

I love feathered deinonychosaurs like that! :D The primary feathers are longer than I would expect, but maybe that makes sense given the creature's size.

Speaking of commissioned concept art, I paid a DeviantArt buddy of mine to draw my heroine Neith, an archer princess from ancient Nubia (or a fantastical counterpart culture thereof). I think she did a fantastic job, as you can observe below:

[​IMG]

Nameback likes this.
  3. Nameback

Nameback Troubadour

Awesome! And yeah the primary feathers are longer, but that's because it's a dragon and it needs to fly. :D

Imagine this dude barreling down on you from above and spitting fire!

That's a great piece you got commissioned, by the way!

Jabrosky likes this.
  4. Jabrosky

Jabrosky Banned

Something else I requested from a different friend, this time depicting my other heroine Pharaoh Sekhotep of Kemet:

[​IMG]

5. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

These are really cool! :D

Jabrosky likes this.
  6. thejdubb02

thejdubb02 Dreamer

Wow you are all very talented! I can draw cartoons but concept art that detailed is awesome!

7. Gurkhal

Gurkhal Archmage

Very beautiful pictures. In particular I like the drawing of Sekhotep. Stunningly to say the least.

8. Jabrosky

Jabrosky Banned

[​IMG]
    Julius Caesar and Cleopatra VII
    This time the credit for the commissioned art goes to Shakira Rivers.