• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Commonly mistyped words?

Anyone have one of these?

My most common is typing Smashwords Smaswh or Smawhswords or something like that. For some reason, the smash with a w after it always messes up my fingers. Smashw!

Chilari

Staff
Thanks to my broken keyboard, anything with a W in. It's overused because of the games I play where W is forward. I keep having to go back through everything I type to check I'm not missing a W, but there's usually one that slips through.

I do a lot of tehing - teh, tehre, tehy, tehse, trhee once.

Oh and construction. I keep missing out the S. Considering I work for a contruction construction company, this is not good.

Butterfly

Auror
The teh thing too...

I've also got and issue of having form for from, and when I go fast for becomes of r...

And I keep typing don;t, won;t instead of the don't...

I solved the problem though... I added them to my auto correct feature.

Kit

Maester
"caffeine". I'm a good speller, but that one often still gets me. I want to put the i before the e.

Also, "definitely". I know how to spell it, but my fingers get tangled up and put the 2nd "e" all sorts of different places.

Nihal

Vala
"It's" instead of "its". A teacher taught it wrong when I was a child, as if "its" didn't exist, and now it's deeply rooted in my mind. >.>

Penpilot

Staff
Article Team
Chocolate misspelled as Chocolait, which is the French spelling. This crept up on me in highschool where I had to take French classes.

But truth be told, there ain't enough posts in this thread to put up all the words I commonly misspell.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I can't tell you how many times I type something and leave out the word "not." If I don't catch it, it looks like I'm saying something that I'm saying.

Shockley

Maester
Resistance (resistence), defiant (defient), reliant (relient) and I tend to put random numerals at the end of sentences because I slide over to the numpad for my periods.

Resistance (resistence), defiant (defient), reliant (relient) and I tend to put random numerals at the end of sentences because I slide over to the numpad for my periods.

You slide over to the numeral pad for your periods? Does this have a benefit or is the right-hand-third-finger-shift-down move too awkward?

Graylorne

Archmage
I always have to check for het instead of he or her. Het is the Dutch form of it and my fingers type it automatically wrong. Often.

Chilari

Staff
Yesterday I kept accidentally typing my own surname wrong, missing out the first E when I tried to create a new email for myself and again later when trying to log in to that email account.

Anything I type into an IM that has an 's at the end, because I always accidentally press Enter/Return instead of the apostrophe.

When I'm tired, every word is commonly mistyped.

When I'm not tired, the most common is probably AP (Ability Power) and AD (Attack Damage) in League of Legends. I always confuse the two and wonder why people start calling me bad for no real reason.
23477312.jpg

That reminds me that I will sometimes pluralize words by using an 's !!!

Very frustrating. No idea where that habit came from.

Kit

Maester
Our mailserver is named "Spiritdancers.org", and I often mistype e-mail addys with "Spritdancers" or sometimes "spitdancers"