• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Cover for second book "The Night and Day"

Hello, everyone.
I am Storm Kesocascay, published author of the new book "Gods of War" which is my debut novel.
I am planning on writing the second book of "Gods of War" called "The Night and Day". Currently, my girlfriend, Madison, is making the cover art for book two, but we both need some outside influence. Anyone who can make a good cover is accepted. It is best that you read "Gods of War" first, but i can describe some characters who I would appreciate in the art.

Arylos (main character)-young man who appears to be in his mid-teens, early twenties. He is the Kaiyumian god of war, magic, and alchemy and ruler of The Void (Ouki), Kaiyumian version of the afterlife. He has blood/fire-red hair and eyes paired with thin limbs and a slightly large stomach region, but his body is the fastest of the gods. He wears black jeans and a black t-shirt with a pocket watch chained to his belt. He always wears a red trench coat over his normal clothes and is sometimes seen with a silver and gold katana that glows with fire-like light. He also has a dragon form of a mechanical dragon (like Aryas) with black fire burning off of his body and souls of the dead living in the fire.

Aryas-has two forms; dragon and human. Once fought Arylos, but is now on his side. (please, no scenes of Arylos and Aryas fighting) as a dragon, he is a giant mechanical dragon (similar to a Transformer) who glows with a slight blueish white from inside his chest leaking throughout his body. His human form is a pale young man with blonde hair falling down to the back of his neck with ocean blue eyes. (think of Link from The Legend of Zelda) He bears a two-handed blade similar to an Ulfbehrt that glows a dark blue fire. Aryas wears either black or white clothing under a deep blue cloak similar to Arylos's cloak.

Iris-young girl who appears about Arylos's age and (later) falls in love with him. she has dirt-blonde hair and wears pretty average clothing. She has brown eyes and pale/slightly gold skin. Normally wears guns and blades. She has features similar to an elf, but not as sharp.

Narymous-Arylos's cursed brother. He has a dragon form and a "human" form. His dragon form is just a dragon similar to Arylos and Aryas, just made out of ice. His human form is no different; a large cyborg of ice and rotting flesh wearing tattered white robes.

I'll consider anything and everything.
Thanks!

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Welcome Storm.

This isn't really a forum for commissioning cover art. We mostly post to show it off, talk about ideas for a cover, or look for feedback about what works or doesn't with the fonts and layout. So I'm not sure that you'll get any interest looking to commission something.

That said, we do have a couple of good artists who are community members, so there's a small chance somebody might reply or send you a PM. There's also the Marketplace forum where a few artists have posted to offer their services, and you could try looking there. Otherwise, I've been told people have had success looking at elance.com for cover art.