• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Cover Reveal and Preorder for Beneath a Stone Sky

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Nice cover indeed!

But,

It’s not a behemoth until you find yourself WAY over Amazon’s max print page count, and you’re going back into Adobe InDesign to curse and cuss trying to squish it down 50 pages, LMAO. That, THAT was a frustrating moment. You know because I dislike the word “that”. heh heh heh

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Nice cover indeed!

But,

It’s not a behemoth until you find yourself WAY over Amazon’s max print page count, and you’re going back into Adobe InDesign to curse and cuss trying to squish it down 50 pages, LMAO. That, THAT was a frustrating moment. You know because I dislike the word “that”. heh heh heh
Oh wow! No, we didn't have to do that, but it was a close one. 650 pages. They won't print it in hardback... yet. We'll see how that goes. lol I just hope it won't split the spine.
But I do now know what 401k words looks like. Beneath a Stone Sky is 180k. It looks like the first two had a baby. A violent, sexy baby. :D
20211119_213659.jpg

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Funny how the pages of books can be so beautiful.

Yeah, I was disappointed by their limit on hardcover, I coudln’t even get EoS to fit. More irritating considering that Ingram goes WAY beyond their count. When I first did Whispers of Ghosts I maxed to the page after massive and annoying extra effort, trying to squeeze it in… Then, I decided to add an epilogue… doh! Then, I decided to combine Trail of Pyres, already like 210k with with a 60k in between sequel following one character… Ouch, the layout hurt, LOL.