• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Creative outlet and a quick hello :)

JoiceArcher

Scribe
Hi guys, just wanted to say hello :)

I am an economics student, just finished the BSc and am continuing postgraduate studies in Oxford (in the UK) in a couple of weeks. Behind the logical-facade is actually a rather creative head :) For years, I have been drawing, developing certain characters and their story but for some reason, I cannot draw anymore. I mean I still can, but I can’t bring the pictures in my head down on paper. Few weeks ago I sat down and wrote the story instead. I always loved writing (essays or stories :p ). Initially it was just a sentence. Just to capture the moment. Then I added another. And another. And another. You know the drill. Now I am sitting in front of a developing story. I hope to find someone in here, who shares my enthusiasm for fantasy, writing, being creative… maybe would like to exchange a little on the process, on the story, on critiques...

I am 26, actually German (so sorry for grammar or spelling :D ) and looking forward to meeting some of you :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, Joice! :D Feel free to jump in wherever something catches your eye. The Showcase forum, where you can post pieces of your work for critique and offer critique on others' work, will be accessible once you have 5 or more posts elsewhere. :)

Welcome to the space!
I'm 100% sure you will find people with whom you are able to build a working relationship with.
Dig into the threads, and when you have the time dive into the chat, get to know some of us, we don't bite... Well I do, but only when asked very nicely ;)

All the best,
~BL~

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met JoiceArcher
I know the one sentence after another feeling when it comes to writing... just like any journey that always starts with the first step; it's the first steps that are the most dangerous... you never know where they may lead... :)
Glad to have you around.

JoiceArcher

Scribe
Thank you for your welcome Blue Lotus and CupofJoe - its also the first step that is most difficult to make, am curious where it leads to :) I think I better have a look around the forums now :D