• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Critters, an online writing workshop

Several years ago I stumbled across Critters. You have to participate to have your own work critiqued, which you'll find with most workshops. You can specify that the works you crit are only fantasy, or you can configure a mix of science fiction, fantasy, and horror. There is a deadline for submitting your crits, so skip this one if you're low on spare time (that's the only reason I left). It's geared toward stories, but you can make arrangements outside the normal sequence to handle books.

Critters

Telcontar

Staff
I also recommend Critters. It's getting a little clunky as far as administration, but there are some very talented editors there.

robertbevan

Troubadour
i tried critters briefly, but i wasn't too impressed. the submission process was a little too complicated for me. i mean, i managed to do it, but i just thought the whole time "why don't they just do this in a forum? it would be so much easier."

my other problem was that you'd get a lot of people making half-assed crits, offering just enough blathering nonsense so that they couldn't actually be called out on writing empty crits just to keep their crit ratios balanced.

Lorna

Inkling
I had a look at the site but thought writing a detailed critique (approximately 800 words) of a 20,000 word piece every week was alot to commit to. Having read a couple of the sample critiques I didn't think they were of high enough standard to devote so much time. I might rethink this when I'm further forward with my WIP.