• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Digital Eve of Snows now Available!

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Well, it’s finally release day! I’m running a “release week” special at $2.99 right now, or if you’ve got Kindle Unlimited... free! It’s a beautiful thing. My thanks in advance to any and all who check out Eve of Snows!

https://www.amazon.com/Eve-Snows-Su...8&qid=1529962069&sr=1-1&keywords=eve+of+snows

And remember, review them books by Indie Authors (not just me). It leaves a warm feeling in the author’s heart, LOL.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
#20 in Dark Fantasy in Australia!

#3 in another (obviously) smaller category... Norse/Viking Fantasy. That's a category? Who knew?

Of course, down under, this might mean I sold 3 copies... I've no idea what the market in Australia looks like, but it's fun to watch.

I've always been a fan of INXS, AC/DC, Midnight Oil... and of course! The Wiggles! So it all makes sense, LOL.

Oh, and Fosters... Australian for beer... in those big oil cans... drank the heck outa that in my college years.

Last edited:

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
Hell yeah. My copy is downloaded and I'll begin reading tonight. I'm looking forward to it, Des: the cover drew me in and the blurb is interesting. Nice work. :)

EDIT: did you add in keywords to get into the Viking category? Because yeah, it's a real thing and if Amazon has put your book there you can ask them to remove it if it doesn't belong there. Also, your rankings are great! Jelly, lol!!

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Thanks Chessie, more DL's the better, LOL. Hopefully you enjoy it!

Well, last second I jammed in "Norse" and "Viking" because of the cold setting and clan structure of the gov't... And wham! they stuck that category in there. And since most fantasy in the category is only tangentially connected to Vikings... it's all good.

I also have a screenshot of Eve of Snows sitting at #18 with Game of Thrones sitting at #19 in Dark Fantasy, LOL. Funnier than crap.

And it's Kindle Unlimited driving the ranking down under, unless there are sales which haven't shown up yet.

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
Oh, okay it's good you put it there then. Are you doing any networking/marketing? Sometimes Amazon glitches and sales show up later than they happen. I've seen rank spikes but no sales...then the sales showed up the next day. Amazon is just weird like that. -_-

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Yeah, I can't say I know what's going on with Amazon, just guessing really, LOL. Page reads has spiked 500% today... not that that takes much on day 2. I've done a little FB stuff, free ARC copies on goodreads (should've timed that better for reviews), and 4 chapters free on instafreebie, plus some bookbub ads pay per clic, mostly experimenting with what drives clicks best. I had a wild flurry of Aussie activity last night that showed as almost 2% click through rate... which is just nuts compared to others.

EDIT: I'm not sure I would've done the goodreads giveaway if I knew it'd mess with also boughts... time will tell if that was worth it when reviews trickle in, and I see if the also boughts get corrected.

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
Giveaways and KU Unlimited free days mess with also boughts like a mofo. Sounds like you have a good game plan going though. Best of luck!

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Thanks Svrt! Hope you enjoy the read. And of course, honey-coated honest reviews are always appreciated, LOL.

Random thought: I need to get to reading more indie authors outside of my subgenre. See more of what's out there.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Random thought: I need to get to reading more indie authors outside of my subgenre. See more of what's out there.
Me too.
I already know I've got to read more, and it kind of makes sense to read other indie authors - both to try and find others who do the same kind of thing I do, and to just read more.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Yeah, I know Amazon is filled with smart folks, but you'd think that they'd weight also-boughts by genre more than they seem to... and totally ignore giveaways, goodreads just filled the slide with giveaways from the same time period, and are otherwise completely random.

My strategy, slightly adjusted, is to micro-target Amazon advertising to other epics.dark/sword & sorcery types to try to straighten the also-boughts out, and after getting a few reviews do a Countdown deal. Most ads and promos so far are explicit: Epic. Dark. Fantasy. Hopefully that fine tunes clicks and purchases. Hopefully, after 4-5 months in circulation and pushing toward book 2 release pre-Christmas (if I can stop staring at marketing statistics) I can shoot for a bookbub or bookbarbarian promo to gain momentum toward book 2's release.

We'll see what happens! LOL.

Giveaways and KU Unlimited free days mess with also boughts like a mofo. Sounds like you have a good game plan going though. Best of luck!

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Me too.
I already know I've got to read more, and it kind of makes sense to read other indie authors - both to try and find others who do the same kind of thing I do, and to just read more.
I'm actually finding books I like more than I find coming from traditional publishing. It's still a needle in a haystack, but honestly, I'm not impressed with the big houses and their choices in publishing.

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
Congrats Dem! This has been a crazy long journey for you! I'm going to buy my copy tonight, just so I can say I have it, lol : )

Crack the champagne!

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Yeah... I took a long break for life... contemplated moving and lots of other stuff, only to remain right where I am without hardly getting anything done... although I did explore traditional publishing vs indie author too... I was all geared up to travel the country rubbing elbows and kissing feet... and then decided phbbt... I can spend that money on promoting my book, LOL.

I only crack champagne for reviews... LOL. Or maybe #1 in Norse/Viking in Australia! I'm back upto #4 but some danged boxed-set trilogy for under $2 is at the top, LOL.

And I'll ya what, I wish I could tell exactly what's going on Down Under... I get piles of clicks but very few visible sales, while still moving around on the sales list...

Congrats Dem! This has been a crazy long journey for you! I'm going to buy my copy tonight, just so I can say I have it, lol : )

Crack the champagne!