1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Divided group action...A

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by SeverinR, Aug 28, 2013.

1. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Aliron's sub group

Just to get this thread started, I will post the last PM I sent.
    Originally Posted by Steerpike

Originally Posted by Steerpike

Masama nods sagely. "Asra chooses our paths. What are we to do, but follow them." He shrugs. "It is the will of the goddess that we be here, with the holy child, and that we protect her. Asra willing, the others will join us. If they do not, we will have to decide where to take Branwen."
    "I believe at least one will come, if he is able." I hold up Bressel's backpack. "If he does not, then I must seek him out and find out why he did not come for his belongings." Masama nods sagely. "Asra chooses our paths. What are we to do, but follow them." He shrugs. "It is the will of the goddess that we be here, with the holy child, and that we protect her. Asra willing, the others will join us. If they do not, we will have to decide where to take Branwen."

"I believe at least one will come, if he is able." I hold up Bressel's backpack. "If he does not, then I must seek him out and find out why he did not come for his belongings."

"You and Branwen rest, I will take first watch. I will find a place to hide that allows me to see the cave and anyone approaching from town."

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

Could also use character name as a heading in each Side Trek post, to keep things better organized. I also think it is more fun for the players to be able to read what is going on in those other areas even if their characters don't know about it. The only real issue is making sure that players don't act on knowledge their characters don't have.

I would maintain PMs for things that really need to be secret, like if Mauve is possessed by the spirit of a fish demon and plans to slit the throat of some party member while they're asleep. Not that I'm saying that's what is happening. i can neither confirm nor deny it. And I'm sure Mauve wouldn't do such a thing, fish demon or not...

Nihal likes this.
  3. Nihal

Nihal Vala

^Agreed. The only issue with using the name (except when it's a player with more than one character, then it would be quite helpful) is that in the long run it will be harder to determine where/when these scenes took place.

"I'm back, totally not intending to murder you! :D"

[​IMG]

4. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Could name the thread after the leader of the group, this could be Aliron's
    Aliron's sub group thread? (I don't think I can change a title after its posted.

5. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

We can always start a new thread for it.

I guess the question is, are we better with a separate side thread for each player, or are we better off with one Side Trek thread where each post has a player and/or character name and/or location in the heading?

6. Nihal

Nihal Vala

I would go with a main side trek (or two posts if there are too many little groups): You have no way of knowing if Mauve gathered some fish minions (mwhahaha!) to join Aliron, then leave and hunt Ankari down. If each one of these characters had their own threads it would get confusing in no time.