• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Does anyone here have peculiar protagonists?

By which I mean, protagonists that happen to be ghosts or supernatural creatures or something?

The short story I'm currently writing features a ghost, and she/he/they might become the point of view character and protagonist if I ever end up turning it into a whole novel.

This is going to be a rehash for you, due to the chat but there's Adriel, who starts as an elf with reality breaking powers before getting three other types of races mixed into her through magic. Then there's the Seelee and UnSeelee characters Rachelle and Vanessa, who are alchemically created angelic and demonic type beings respectively. Then the only ghost character I have is Inivia, after she's dead and insisting on helping her granddaughter who took up her sword and her spirit with it. More hindrance then help most the time, because she finds it funny to frustrate her granddaughter of the same name.

My story is about a young spirit who was waiting to be born. We always see ghosts of people who existed in the physical realm but did that spirit exist before it was physical? If so what steps are taken in order to be born into the physical world. So I tried to put on spin on the ghost character thing.