1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Dragon's Egg - Act II

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Steerpike, Feb 11, 2013.

  1. Ankari

    Ankari Hero Breaker Moderator

    2,686
    931
    113
    I marvel at the strength of this ferocious woman. I examine the contents of the compartment and realize what I see. Before anyone can pick up the items, I grab them.

    Conscience of how this makes me appear, I hand the necklace to Rydh. "You are a man of faith. Perhaps you can determine if there is anything special about this necklace or if it's mundane."

    I stuff the journal in my backpack and look meaningfully at Burnbright, then to the rest of the group. "We don't have time to read this."

    I open the sack to see what's inside.
     
  2. Ankari

    Ankari Hero Breaker Moderator

    2,686
    931
    113
    I share with the rest of the group the contents of the pouch:

    "Druid, can you discern the value of this lichen?"
     
  3. Nihal

    Nihal Vala

    3,030
    471
    83
    After getting behind the caskets, weary, I cogitate to topple them when getting out instead of climbing all over again. Perhaps I could push them over the bandits and jump my way out of this place. If I do not slip or bury myself instead. For some sick reason such thought is amusing.

    It's funny how running out of options brings me ease. Maybe I'm just conformed, for I can hardly make it any worse now. I remove the stinging wood from under my nails, listening to the voices in the main room. With every passing second the situation makes even less sense.

    What are they pushing? A child's voice?! What the hell are they thinking, bringing a child to a raid?

    Waiting for some clue to shed a light upon all this situation, I let the spear rest against my shoulder and feel my surroundings, looking for any kind of advantage. They're so carefree, so sure of themselves, I don't like it.
     
  4. Sparkie

    Sparkie Auror

    1,439
    319
    83
    While I'm not too comfortable with the idea of the statue of a God being toppled, It seems Ankari's instincts were correct in this case. I take the necklace, but can deduce little. I seem to think it would do Burnbright some good to wear it, but I'll hold on to it for now.

    I leave the others to examine the contents of the compartment, and I join Hiljikki in her search for tracks. It doesn't take much looking to understand that someone was here before us, perhaps recently. Maybe that person is still here.

    The thought then occurs to me: This was a temple to a human god. Don't temples often care for funeral rites? What if there are dead people buried here? What would this taint do to them? Would some unscrupulous mage come here looking for bodies to animate? Or would this person simply be a mourner, here to honor a long-dead friend or family member?

    Regardless, a thourough search for this 'guest' must be made. There's a door falling off of its hinges just over there. I walk over to it and open it, letting some light in...

    ((I may not be able to post again until late tonight. I'm heading out to watch my nephew's basketball game, then we're going to Dave and Buster's.))
     
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  5. Steerpike

    Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

    11,378
    3,821
    413
    Rydh

    The door swings open, tilting on its one remaining hinge. You see a small entryway to a stone staircase that disappears to the left, down into the darkness beneath the temple. You can't see more than a few feet in, and can't judge how far down the stairs go. The air coming up smells damp and musty.

    Mauve

    As you sit behind the casks, contemplating, you hear the wooden door at the top of the stairs swing open.
     
  6. Sparkie

    Sparkie Auror

    1,439
    319
    83
    A cellar. Not good. I walk over to the Lighted arrow and pick it up.

    "Everyone!" I call out. "I don't think we're alone. I think we should explore this place a bit more, starting with this cellar. Could I get one or more of you to accompany me down here?"

    ((Gonna have to make this quick. I leave in an hour.))
     
  7. Steerpike

    Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

    11,378
    3,821
    413
    Mauve

    You hear the comment made by Rydh, above. Whoever they are, they're coming down.
     
  8. Nihal

    Nihal Vala

    3,030
    471
    83
    That's it. I hold my spear, feeling my hands sweating. If I'm going to kick some caskets or try to cast some spell I still don't know. I can only wait.



    ((A late correction: I just noticed I wrote food instead of fleshy in one of my posts. Wtf, I should stop posting when sleep-deprived, Mauve doesn't eat dead bodies, ok?! ))
     
  9. Steerpike

    Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

    11,378
    3,821
    413

    ((You two might be the only ones watching the thread at the moment :) ))
     
  10. Legendary Sidekick

    Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

    9,826
    2,956
    413
    "I'll join you, Rydh. But this time, I insist we use my torch."

    I light my torch and join Rydh.


    ((Will also be unable to post until late, so this works.))
     
  11. Steerpike

    Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

    11,378
    3,821
    413
    ((Just a note to clarify what we're talking about. They're 'casks.' I don't want people to misinterpret the scene)).
     
  12. Sparkie

    Sparkie Auror

    1,439
    319
    83
    I nod to Baldhart and drop the arrow. "Alright then," I say. "Let's head down there."

    I walk back to the doorway and head down the stairs.
     
  13. Nihal

    Nihal Vala

    3,030
    471
    83
    ((Oh... *ahem* I never saw clearly the source of the foul smell... Sorry! *flies away* xD

    Anyway, quick doubt: The shield spell originally lasts 1tn/lvl, what would be 1min/lvl. Does it last 6s now?))


    The shield, it is. I tense, already recalling the spell in my mind.
     
  14. Legendary Sidekick

    Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

    9,826
    2,956
    413
    ((Oh... if the arrow can stay lit, maybe the torch isn't needed. Well... we can leave one with the rest of the party, so we have 2 light sources.))
     
  15. Steerpike

    Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

    11,378
    3,821
    413
    Mauve

    People are coming down the stairs, their torchlight illuminating the path ahead of them. You keep still, breathless, and a moment later a slender elf and large human woman in armor reach the bottom of the stairs and look around.

    Rydh and Baldhart

    The room at the bottom of the stairs was clearly a storeroom. There are some stone shelves set in the walls, and the rotting remains of wooden shelving as well. Some items remain intact, including a table and bench you can barely make out at the far side of the room. A group of casks are along the wall to your right, about halfway down the room, though the flickering shadows of torchlight don't allow you to make out much. The floor is wet in places, and mold grows over most of it.
     
  16. Steerpike

    Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

    11,378
    3,821
    413
    ((6s is the length of a round, not a "turn." I don't know that the C&C book specifically defines a "turn," but we always called it a minute, so lets go with that.

    EDIT: Just found it - a C&C "turn" is one minute)).
     
  17. Sparkie

    Sparkie Auror

    1,439
    319
    83
    Well, that's a relief. I was sure this was some kind of burial room or something. Still, someone could be in here so I walk over to the table and bench and look underneath it.

    "See if you can find anything, Baldhart," I say.
     
  18. Steerpike

    Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

    11,378
    3,821
    413
    Mauve

    The elf passes right by where you are hiding behind the casks and moves over the table and bench at the far end of the room.

    Rydh

    There is nothing but dust and mold beneath the table and bench.
     
  19. Sparkie

    Sparkie Auror

    1,439
    319
    83
    I cough. Dusty. I walk over to the casks, almost hoping to find nothing...

    Something moved! I swear it!


    ((EDIT: Sorry! Posted too soon.))

    Something's there behind the table.

    "Baldhart, could you please help me move this table?"

    I grab one end and begin to shuffle it forward away from it's place.
     
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  20. Steerpike

    Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

    11,378
    3,821
    413
    Rydh

    Now that you're looking, there is something in the shadows behind the casks....

    Mauve

    The elf is moving directly toward you, a searching look on his face.
     
Loading...

Share This Page