1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Dragon's Egg - Act III

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Steerpike, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Nihal

Nihal Vala

The Gathering

((As soon they're reunited... Revelations! Ba dum tss, skip to the text after the rolls you you feel lazy. ))

I frown at Dalla. Did they pick up another stray? Had it been another occasion I would remind them that she might be a spy, I would be careful around her, let her get used to the idea of magic before revealing myself, but I lack the energy, the time and the patience.

"So you are joining us." I come face to face, my stare meeting hers. "Take a good look. If you find my existence frightening you should turn back right away. We are not going on a leisure stroll, and this is not the worse thing you will see. If you stay and if you give it enough time, you will discover that some notions they taught about people like me are equivocated."

I look at Aliron. "I trust you to keep an eye on her. What she will hear cannot reach the wrong ears." I glance at her and take some distance. "I will do something that shall do you no harm, but it will reveal to me if you are what you seem to be or if may be Aslaug's minion. I hope you understand my concerns and take no offense. Stay still."

Focusing on Dalla and what is ahead of me I try to sense any magic.

((Detect Magic n#1))
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ((Mauve took her daily dose of damage.))

"Argh!" I clench my jaw, breath and try again, concentrating for a little longer.

[​IMG]
    (( If Dalla has something enchanted on her or any magical effect Mauve will give no indication she sensed it, she'll focus to determine intensity, etc, and move on. ))

"Right." I take a sip of water. "Now, to what matters. I am sorry for the delay I have caused, though I warned the night before to not wait for me," I glare at Baldhart for a moment.

"I have a destination for us.

"Last night I went on a search for more information, and was surprised by some astonishing revelations. You may remember Aslaug's claims that Aeron, the Lord of Tel's Hall, is back. For the ones that do not remember your history right Aeron was an overlord that almost conquered Mathera a thousand years ago. So powerful he was that not even an alliance among all the good races was able to deter him. His army was vast, composed of dark creatures, demons, and dragons.

"It took the sacrifice of nearly all the mages in Mathera to merely send his dragons back to their lairs under the earth. As the mages were torn apart where they stood the Blackshard Mountain shook, and his army and ours alike there present perished. But the dragons were banished, and with this desperate action we won the war, the corruption was born and Aeron vanished from all the records.

"I am telling you this because you must know it to comprehend what I will tell you next.

"Aeron is back."

I look at each one of them in turn. "I have confirmed with a source with no links to Aslaug that he is back—or someone as powerful as him took up his legacy, which is all the same. He's amassing power once again, there are men actively helping him, and his influence grows over Mittelstadt. Before you question my source you must know that she has no gain in telling me any of this, she would have gain in not letting me know instead—for she would bend her knee to him if it meant the best for her people, and she is well aware of my determination to stop him.

"He is back, and we suspect he is using the Inquisition to unknowingly eliminate any opposition. He knows how to use magic, and I risk to say he is the most powerful spellcaster in Mathera, for not only he has power but he has knowledge of the old ways, knowledge that was lost to us on the corruption's wake. Now we are weak, and there are few of us left. He thought us weak and defeated once, and he paid the price. He won't underestimate mages again, he will kill all of them that oppose to him. This if his allies don't point the Inquisition in our way and let them do his dirty job.

"And like his agents—whose presence at the North was confirmed—the Inquisition is here as well. They were seen at Alfoss. This, therefore, is the reason we should not take the southern roads. And where are we heading, you ask? I risk to say Drimmen-Dwelve." I uncross my arms and take in their reactions.

"All the paths lead to Drimmen-Dwelve, and we must make it with utmost haste. Aeron's growing influence is a small problem, Aslaug is tiny, when compared to what is about to happen in Drimmen-Dwelve. A hidden power slumbers under Drimmen-Dwelve, an evil, great power that will aid the Lord of Tel's Hall once it's awake. And the dwarves, unknowling, are digging it out. Do you remember my little story of the Great War? What was compelled back under the earth by the dying mages?

"An evil dragon. It's Skarn, the great white wyrm of the North. Aslaug sensed it already, at this rate it won't take long for Aeron sense it as well!

"Enchantments fade over the time. I would not be so sure the dragon would remain imprisoned once it's disturbed, not when what sent him there was cast a thousand years ago and was not cast as it was meant, but was a desperate measure, something on the verge of an accident.

"We must prevent it." I cross my arms again, resting my back against the rock.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    Legendary Sidekick likes this.
  2. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Baldhart

"To Drimmen-Delve, then. Works for me."

3. Legendary Sidekick

Nissa

"I agree we should avoid any place where the Inquisition is strong. They are fanatics who go against the god they claim to serve, and many of them take pleasure in their deadly ritual. I wonder how many serve Aeron unknowingly."

I look at a map.

"What do you propose, Mauve? Follow the wilderness close to the Taint without entering it? I suppose we'd need to pass through Ballara to cross the river. Dalla, is there a bridge there?"

((Nissa refers to the red path. I covered the dot for Ballara, but the town is on the east side of the river.))

[​IMG]

Baldy notes that "The fastest way is through the Taint. I once got a glimpse of the Taint when I climbed above the temple. I could almost touch it… like a thick fog, but all the plants around it were twisted. I didn't know if it would be dangerous to breathe that air. Mauve… do you know anything about the Taint? Nissa saw the gnolls heading into it. I'm no fan of Ghendra, but he doesn't seem to have been affected by traveling through the Taint."

((Baldy's referring to the yellow. Red covers 20% more ground than yellow, but yellow's all road, so it's considerably faster. Blue is the oh-shit-we-can't-cross path.))

4. Nihal

Nihal Vala

"Don't you know you have ventured inside the Taint already? We trespassed together back under the Temple. I scribbled it on an old parchment, but never finished the map." I pull it out of my backpack, together with my own map of the north. "Here, the line before the first turn marks the frontier.

"I cannot assure you Aslaug will not sense us once we set foot in her domains. I suspect it is not that easy for her, she is doing her best merely to keep the darkness, but it would be foolishness to underestimate her." I rub my temples, searching for some very specific memories. "Darin spoke of the dark lands once. Magic becomes wild in there. You see no sun or stars, and they got lost there, dwarves, the folk who take pride in not getting lost in the deepest and darkest tunnels beneath the earth. Also something about runecasters, I can't recall exactly what..."

I glance at her. "This you should know, you were here. I have discovered little since then; I know the taint is a shroud, a veil she created to hide from Aeron. He should not be able to spy the lands under her darkness."

I look at the map again. "I fear we would get lost in there, it would take more time than longer routes and she has advantage there. We should take the road whenever possible, but we should journey close to the darkness. She would not expect us so close, and we would be able to take advantage of it in case Aeron's allies are close.

"I should let you know, however, that I know little of travelling in the wilderness. Before arriving at the temple I traveled alone, but I followed another pace and did not count the days. I worried about the safety of no one but myself. This is a different situation."

5. Legendary Sidekick

Baldhart

"I prefer the mountain route myself. As for survival, I purchased two large tents in Arendal, which should more than compensate our new companions. Of course, I assumed others among us had tents to begin with. Do we need to purchase more?

"I have two weeks worth of rations, and Mauve, I realize at least both of us purchased additional rations for the children. We can resupply in Ballara—and those of us who go into town can find a way to get those who can't enter town across."

I pat Branwen on the head.

"I don't want to bring up any ugliness, but… I think Branwen might be less of an issue to the average dwarf than the presence of elves. Cadell, your rune will help. I'll ask if Bren is around. He and I got along well. And… he'll want to know the news about Darin. I want to be a part of that."

Turning to Dalla, I add, "The dwarves I met weren't too big on the idea of women bearing arms, either. None of this should deter us from our destination… we just need to keep our attitudes in check—" And avoid phrases like not too big on. "—and be thick-skinned about their attitudes."

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  6. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Aliron

Looking to Mauve, "I keep an eye on everyone I do not trust. I trust very few. I watch the back of those I trust. I would never leave a trusted member locked away in a foreign jail."

"As I say to all that join the group. If you join the group, you join all the group. You will stand united against our enemy, when there is battle, you fight to protect all in the group, favored or disliked. To survive we must stand together. Betray anyone of us and you will not suffer long in this world, remain loyal to th group and you will be protected. Even as I say I trust few, there is no one in the group, I would not assist in battle, not the crazy mage, not the homicidal ranger."
    Aliron walks over the Branwen, "In joining our group, you must accept and protect Burnbright and Branwen. Attempt to harm either and I will kill you. Where my blade cannot reach, my arrow can, and my arrow is most deadly in the cold of night. Also know this, I hold no ill will towards you personally, as I said I distrust everyone. Sometimes I do not even trust myself."
    "Massama has earned a limited trust, Mauve and Baldhart also, Bressel earned it long ago. also, I trust most in this group more then strangers." Aliron stops for a second, concentrating, staring in the distance.
    "More dwarves? Since Darin, I have learned to accept that there might be a few dwarves that might be worth knowing."
    "I will travel with my hood up, my clothes are not elven made. So they will not know me as an elf until they see my face. I might suggest concealing our identities. The ranger's reputation will preceed us, people might look to impede our travels, for justice or just because of our race. It is best to avoid a needless fight. It tends to complicate things." Aliron looks around for the ranger.

Bressel:
    "Welcome to the group, from me as well. Aliron has a strange way of welcoming people to the group, but he likes to let people know what he expects. I'll drink with ya, sing with ya, but aye, if you harm those girls, I'll cut your legs out from under you and leave you the wolves." Bressel says, the toothy grin never leaving his face. "Oh, sorry, no offense Baltos." He chuckles.
    "I didn't know this Darin, but he sounds like a good man to drink with. I don't understand all the fuss about race. I met some nasty elves, dasterdly dwarfs, horrible humans, der's good and bad in all races. I've probably drank with more of the bad, den good, but dey treated me fair. I just knew to keep my coinbag and my sword close."

"I believe we should avoid towns as a group, if we can. If we need something send the people to town that can behaive themselves." Bressel offers, "Or Aliron, he can pass through without people even knowing he was there, but he usually doesn't behaives himself, even if you think he did, you usually find out later he didn't."
    Bressel turns away from the group..."Dwarves, hmmm, Me mum has cooking knives bigger then a dwarf, back at home."

7. Nihal

Nihal Vala

I nod at Aliron and glance at Baldhart. "A tent? Like a circus? I do not use this sort of thing, my cloak is my mattress and my protection." I take a look around. Last time I saw it I had wrapped it around Branwen. She has not it anymore. I hope Baldhart searched the rooms for belongs left behind as I have asked.

"I have purchased the children food, indeed. I believe I gave Burnbright her share, but I have Branwen's, and... oh." I take out the satchel I've bought for her, a little bag for a little girl. "Here." I pass the strap over her head and show her how to use the bag, opening it. Inside is a doll and a small portion of dried meat. "If anyone wants to carry Branwen's food, I would not complain of getting relieved of some weight. I also have two spare tunics for her. For a child they are more like dresses."

I smile at her and look back at Baldhart. "I have something that belongs to you." I take off the necklace. "And the slippers are still with Burnbright. Did you enjoy them?"

8. Legendary Sidekick

Baldhart

"The tent is warmer, unless you refer to a magic cloak." I happily accept the necklace, and say, "I hope no one objects to me wearing this. I'm an easy target for archers. This will help keep those pesky arrows from making me into a pin cushion. It's my only armor…"

"…but not my only jewelry." I remove two rings from my pouch. The first, most should recognize. "This ring is quite useful if I need to swim for a long time in cold water, but if anyone is feeling sick or sensitive to the cold, ask me for this. I have it my pouch now because if I wear this ring all the time, I fear I will become soft and undo the training I underwent to withstand extreme temperatures."

I hold up a second ring. "Nissa removed this one from a fish demon corpse. It seemed to heal the demon, but this ring lends life to the wearer—only to take it away a minute later… not that the fish demon lived that long. If the ring is the difference between remaining standing and not, the wearer will slump over as soon as the magic wears off. The ring won't lend life to more than one of us in the same day."

((The ring can be activated once per day. +6 HP for ten rounds; -6 HP after the tenth round.))

Nissa

I try on my backpack, and consider Alin's words. "With my wings covered, I can join those who go to town.

"Also, I should let you know that the reason I have all this clothing is out of necessity. My body will not disappear like before. Baldhart's magic won't be able to make another should I die, so it's best I see that the healers are aware of this. I have no healing magic, but I can patch wounds. That's the reason Gisla lives… well, that and Mauve's spear." I turn to Mauve. "Thank you, if I haven't said it already."

9. Keitsumah

Keitsumah Inkling

I try to make sense of what Baldhart is talking about. What is Drimmen-Delve? Rather than ask what may be an embarassing question, i wait and eventually the word dwarf comes.

My heart sinks as i remember Darin. I haven't thought about him since that fateful battle, and it occours to me that had Batos not turned to save me, he may have been able to save Darin's life. I swallow, thinking that either i would have lived or died in that blast, but now it is far too late.

"Batos and I have wandered the forests, so we may be able to help here." i say. "Though our method of life was very simple, and may not sustain more than us two. I'm not sure how well it will work with a big group."

10. Nihal

Nihal Vala

"And how would you know all of this?" I ask Baldhart. I am certain the crazy old elf was unable to detect magic even if it danced inches from his nose, not to mention accurately identify it. Then how? With a brief nod, I acknowledge Nissa. And that... What have they done while I was gone? Did they find a replacement for me already? I steal a glance at Dalla.

(( Can I consider someone fetched Mauve's cloak to save the trouble of sneaking back solely to get it? ))

11. Legendary Sidekick

((If Mauve's cloak was in Baldy's room, she's got it now. Baldy packed everything.))

Baldhart

I laugh when Mauve asks how I know. "Aw, I could have fun with this, but the whole point of mentioning all this stuff is full disclosure." I gesture toward Masama, "The mystery of the necklace was solved by my fellow monk. Oh, but can I say 'fellow' monk yet? I trained with my monk friend long ago, but didn't take my last nun's vow until I was forced to fight without my sword."

Nissa tells me, "I say your being a monk of Brynhild is official. I can do that."

"Right," I go on. "But I don't think I can do that meditation stuff like Masama." I shrug and tell him, "I was young and didn't actually want to be a nun. My friend said I needed to make three vows to be a real nun. I made two with her just so she wouldn't be the only girl making them—and I've been true to the vows—but I stopped at two because I was really only interested in the fighting. And serving my goddess, of course, but I mean meditation wasn't my thing. The master would say 'clear your mind' and…"

I catch myself, and stop now or I'll never shut up.

I turn to Mauve, "So, yeah. Masama's awesome. Between the two of you, no shiny object can fool us."

12. Ankari

Ankari Hero Breaker Moderator

((For purposes of simplicity, assume I'm at the cave.))

The flock is back and cluck like happy hens unaware of the fox outside. Jovial, distracted, and soft. No matter. They are here and speak of dwarves, dragons, and grandiose quests right out of a child's story. Slay the dragon. The edict stated with the casual ease of wisteful children at play. Even a child knows to bring his imaginary army to the battle.

Della is here. Everyone puffs their chests and beat it like wardrums. They sing a song of loyalty and unforgiveness. Don't harm Branwen. I wonder what they would have done if I hadn't arrived in time to settle matters. Beat a chest long enough and it bruises. Continue, and bones will break.

"Do not worry about Della. She is fire, rock and wind. I have offered her training to temper her focus at our enemy. Let her take shape into Lady Fury."

I refill my quiver with the extra arrows Aliron acquired while the clucking continues. Only the straightest and unchiped will do. "What of the gnolls? Why do we turn our backs on allies? Am I the only one who smells the ash on the wind? War comes. No matter how many legends we destroy, if we are not destroyed ourselves, we have to forge this shattered land into a single blade. War comes and we buy dresses and speak of rebuilding. What good is a rebuilt tavern if it is to burn again?

"A small army marches away from us as we prattle. We need blades and hands to wield them. We need arrows and muscles to send them flying. War comes. Do any of you understand this? Do you assume the little plotting we do exceeds the plotting of our enemies? Do you understand this conflict is larger than our patchwork group?

"War comes. Stop thinking like ants scurring to pick up the crumbs beneath the feet of men. An army marches away, a city which owes us their lives is left to assume the illusions of their lives will continue. You have failed to utilize the capital we have acquired. War comes. We will need the dwarves, humans, gnolls and whatever other race to form the ranks against the coming tide."

Quiver full, I select another handful of arrows to use for Della's practice. She is a slight woman of youngish years. I must remember to use more string to weaken the draw. The others must wonder why I have invited her. A pretty face for the lonely ranger. As if I had time to notice such things, or the will to do so. No. She will earn her right to revenge. And if she lives, she will become our ambassador to her village. A war comes, after all. "What gear do you have to equip our new companion?"

13. Legendary Sidekick

Nissa

"The gnolls march northwest into the Taint. I don't entirely trust them as Ghendra still referred to Aslaug as 'My Lady' when we last spoke. It could be his unfamiliarity with the Common Tongue that caused his speech to slip so easily.

"But more importantly…" I let my eyes meet every eye in the group. "You are divided as to whether the gnolls should be killed for their massacre, or whether they should be given a chance for atonement and join us. I have no qualms about seeing them dead, nor do I have a problem with accepting them as allies since Ghendra is genuinely remorseful, I believe, and I also believe the gnolls and some of the other sentient creatures–the lizards–are controlled by fear.

"What would be problematic would be for me to fully trust and invite the gnolls here–with Burnbright, their target–knowing the group's feelings are mixed and that we will be crushed if the gnolls claim Burnbright as their prize. I claim no authority over anyone here except for Baldhart. I will not force a decision on this group, especially knowing in advance many in the group will disagree, and that there may be a 'hero' who would gladly slit Ghendra's throat while everyone sleeps." I smile at Alin when I say that.

My eyes meet Ankari's. "There's already a precedent in which the group agreed to a peaceful solution and an individual quietly chose a lethal solution. This prattling is necessary. If you are not united, you are headed to certain death, which is a failed quest for everyone here…" I look at Baldhart. "…except me."

Baldhart

"Ghendra did fight by my side. He's all muscle and no skill, and I wanted to push him off the cliff. Instead I pulled an enemy off his back and ended up taking a hit for him." I turn to Cadell. "Sorry I was stubborn before. Protecting the innocent trumps avenging them. I'm not entirely sure the gnolls would look at Burnbright and still be our allies, but if it's as I suspect–Aslaug holds their own women and children hostage in the sense that she'd make Ghendra's home the next Srilkind–in that case, I'd be more inclined to believe their offer is sincere." I turn to Mauve, and add, "The children were calm when we saw them. I suppose it is possible that they spared all of the children." Their lives. They're not spared from being war orphans. "When I stayed behind to search Srilkind, I didn't see any small corpses."

Ankari mentions gear. "Oh! Gear? Uh, Dalla…?" I check to see if she's wearing armor or carries a weapon. If not, I ask her if she packed anything. I then tell Ankari, "If that's not enough, I'll gladly take some of your gold to town and make a hasty purchase."

Nissa

"Please prattle about gnolls and come to a consensus. I know where they are headed, and flying is faster than marching. I fly only if there is consensus."

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
  14. Nihal

Nihal Vala

Heat creeps on my neck and face as I flush.

"We are ants! Did you doze off as we spoke, Ankari? Hold no illusions of grandiosity, you will not arrive there hitting your chest with your big fists and make Aeron and Aslaug surrender to your mighty strength display! You are nothing, I am nothing, none of us is anything close to them.

"A war is coming and it is a lost cause! Gathering another ants—ants that will refuse us—is of no help. We have one chance before he turns his eye North and brings the war to us to avoid it all together. Keeping the dwarves from waking Skarn will buy us time, time to get prepared, to do what will really make a difference in this war. Also, the dwarves are valuable allies, they have the knowledge, more means than the gnolls, than the smallfolk scattered on this land and anyone else you know of.

"Aeron is powerful and wise. He amasses power in silence, he lets the rumours remain rumours, and these words are hard to believe. Who would believe a man of a thousand years ago still lives and will resume his campaign to conquer the world? Oh, he takes no offense in this underestimation of his power, he lets them think it's a lie. It gives him more time to prepare himself undisturbed.

"Learn something from him. I am a ant, yes, and I will do what ants do: slip between cracks and make myself invisible. This will give me time to do what truly matters in all of this, to chase the solution, and I will do it with and without you. In this dark night that befalls us the path is clear like snow lit by moonlight.

I tighten the straps of my backpack. "Do me a favour: If you intend to chase the gnolls begging for the aid they will refuse and lose Burnbright once they get the sight of her tell me now. I have no intention of wasting time, and I will be on my way at once. You know where, in case you change your mind or fail."

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  15. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Aliron
    "Burnbright is the treasure they sought, when one sees easy gold they tend to forget the tougher battle. Simpler to kill us and deliver the treasure then to endanger their lives to fight against the greater evil. No matter what the reason, they killed women and children of a town to get the treasure. I don't believe any words they utter would bind them from their goal."
    I distrust all, but when someone proves how evil they can be in pursuit of their goal, I don't think it wise to dangle the prize infront of them while speaking of harder work ahead."

Bressel:
    "I agree, the dogmen are not trustworthy. They might even deliver Burnbright to get close to the leader with the intent to kill her. But delivering her to her mother is a very dangerous scenerio. You get close, but if you fail, the world is in greater peril then before. I vote against joining the dogmen."

16. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

When Mauve gives Branwen the bag and shows her what is inside, the harpy child breaks into what might appear to an outsider as a somewhat feral grin, her teeth not quite human in appearance. She removes the doll from the bag, holding it up next to the doll Masama made for her, then squats in front of the bag, playing with both dolls side by side.

Dalla's lips are pressed tight as she watches Branwen playing with the dolls, and it seems her face has gone a shade paler. Baldhart snaps her out of it by saying her name, and when the gear check comes Dalla frowns. She has packed normal clothing, including thick pants and a coat for the journey, but she doesn't own armor and has never worn it. She does have a rather sharp dagger strapped at her side. "A gift," she says, and sadness pass over her features when she says it. Her fingers linger on the hilt of the dagger a moment, then she looks back up at the group, avoiding Baldhart's gaze. "I can take care of myself."

Masama has been gazing thoughtfully at the sky throughout the discussion. "We do not have dwarves in the south," he says. "But if they are able and willing to help us, then I agree that we should journey to them."

When Baldhart mentions Masama's ability to determine the power of magic items, the large man shrugs. "My skill in this is limited. All in my order study to gain a small measure of skill in this. When Asra gifts us with treasures of the past, we often can glean some sense as to their purpose, if they are not too powerful."

He looks at Mauve, whom he practically looms over, eyes shining in his dark face. "How do you know of this dragon? This Skarn? The wyrms of old have been gone from the world for an age. The elders among my people believe they shall never return."

Meanwhile, Burnbright seems lost in thought as well...at least until Mauve mentions the slippers. The child is back in her usual traveling boots, but at the mention of the slippers she says "Oh, right..." and starts digging through a pack. "They're in here. They were so great. You should have seen me in them!"

17. Legendary Sidekick

Nissa

"There is no consensus, so I will not waste the flight." I nod to Alin and Bressel, "And I agree that the gnolls are more likely to crush us and take Burnbright, than turn against Their Lady."

Baldhart

"Does that mean if Ghendra stands between me and a cliff's edge again, I'm allowed to give him a push?"

I get up and hoist a stick with the two tent packs over my shoulders and backpack.

"I suppose we can walk and talk at the same time."

I start walking, stopping only if I find I walk alone…

"But seriously, this is at least the third time we've discussed whether the gnolls should join us or not. I prefer killing them over shaking paws, but I'd behave if the rest of the group felt differently. It is possible that the gnolls are sincere, but I'm glad I'm not alone in not wanting to risk that.

"The only way to know if the gnolls are sincere is to have them in position to easily kill us all and take Burnbright to a fate worse than death. And what's the reward if the gnolls truly align with us? We lose focus on our quest as Mauve defined it, and we lose potential allies, like the dwarves.

"We need the dwarves, and we know Bren–who left in a huff, but he liked me anyway. Darin told me of Ula, the Drimmen-Delve's most powerful rune caster. Cadell has the rune that makes him a dwarf-friend, which will get us in the door. From there, we simply need to mind our manners."

Nissa

"Flying is faster than walking." I fly to Ankari. "I need gold and a shopping list. If you want Dalla to be properly supplied, that is how I will help you."

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
  18. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Aliron
    "Do as thy God would have you do. I will shed no tear for a rabid dog over a cliff."

With Baldhart moving Aliron moves out ahead of her, moving as quickly as he can quietly.
    If Ankari is staying with the group, Aliron will begin to move on the sides of the group in the tree line, just enough to blend in with the woods, but close enough not to get lost. If the terrain doesn't allow for walking, he will move ahead of the group with the lead.

"Those in front should watch for tracks, preditors or large groups in the area." Aliron offers.

Bressel stays with the other humans as they walk.

19. Legendary Sidekick

Nissa

I tell Aliron, "I can watch from above as we travel. In fact, I can take a look ahead now and determine the best route to navigate the wilder—"

[​IMG]

I hit my head on a branch when lifting off. "—@#$%ing tree."

I brush off pine needles and decide my flight can wait until I know whether Ankari needs me to shop or not.

20. Nihal

Nihal Vala

"I asked the right questions to the right people," I answer Masama as I avoid his gaze, made uncomfortable by his size. "I nearly forgot about the dragons too, but it makes sense. Aeron is back, he knows what banished them in first place, he will know what do to undo this if the old enchantment is not fading by itself already.

"Can you only sense objects, weak objects? Wouldn't something more powerful be easier to sense, like it is easier to spy a great mountain on the horizon? If only you could, you should be able to sense the wyrm too. I would like to hear more about this... ability of yours, and of the south so, of what you know of Mittelstadt. You can tell me more when we are on the road, if we are to go to Drimmen-delve."

I glance at Baldhart and Aliron. "I disagree where it comes to killing gnolls, but that is a discussion of principles best left to when we have spare time, and we do not."

I smile at Burnbright. "Hopefully I will still get to see what you can do in them."