1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Dragon's Egg - Act V

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Steerpike, Jan 7, 2017.

  1. Ireth

    Ireth Myth Weaver

    11,094
    1,468
    313
    Cadell

    I look back and forth between Baldhart and the men, trying to discern what exactly is going on.

    [​IMG]

    Liadan

    Seeing Baldhart's stiff posture and Cadell's suspicious looks, I too try and make sense of this.

    [​IMG]
     
  2. SeverinR

    SeverinR Vala

    3,530
    507
    113
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  3. Steerpike

    Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

    11,123
    3,479
    413
    Ballara

    Conal looks at Baldhart for a moment, gritting his teeth. He looks over the rest of the group, then his gaze returns yet again to Baldhart. "Matters are worse than we feared. You must bring the child at once. This is the only place we can keep her safe. Go!"

    With that, he moves to close the door.

    ((no one is whispering at this point, so everyone hears the exchange)).
     
  4. Legendary Sidekick

    Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

    9,872
    2,884
    413
    Baldhart

    "Wait," I tell Conal. "I appreciate your sense of urgency, but one question. You met my spiritual guide. Blonde. Half-halfling. Tell me what she keeps hidden in her backpack."

    It seems an obvious trap. But a test to see if he knows what Conal knows.
     
  5. Steerpike

    Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

    11,123
    3,479
    413
    Conal looks at Baldhart a moment, then scowls and slams the door.

    Big Sam looks at the group with a "what just happened?" expression on his face and says "This whole thing must've really got Conal shook up."

    Tumi frowns and says "That's not like him, that's for sure."
     
  6. SeverinR

    SeverinR Vala

    3,530
    507
    113
    Aliron:\
    Seeing Baldharts suspicion and seeing the reaction to the question, Aliron looks for windows or alternate portals that might be used to access to or escape from the room that "Conal" just closed. Ending up beside Baldhart opposite of Bressel and Big Sam.

    Bressel:
    Bressel steps up next to Baldhart on Big Sam's side (if possible), looking to her to see how she wanted to handle the situation. He also looks over Big Sam in case he tries to prevent the groups actions.
    "what do you think?"

    PM sent Steerpike.
     
  7. tbgg

    tbgg Sage

    266
    32
    48
    I stand quietly, making an effort not to touch Baldhart in any way.

    Then I ponder what the man claiming to be Conal said. Do I believe him?
    [​IMG]




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
     
  8. Ireth

    Ireth Myth Weaver

    11,094
    1,468
    313
    Liadan

    I move closer to the door, trying to listen to what's going on inside, if I can.

    [​IMG]
     
  9. Legendary Sidekick

    Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

    9,872
    2,884
    413
    Baldhart

    "Big Sam, I see Conal's behavior surprises you. What do you think got him so shook up?"

    Maybe it's not quite the time to tell him Conal's being magically controlled… especially seeing how I'm not completely certain that's the case. But he was definitely speaking on Aslaug's behalf, and he doesn't seen to recall Nissa's wings.
     
  10. tbgg

    tbgg Sage

    266
    32
    48
    I decide that I still have the same suspicions I had before, I just still don't have any proof of anything.

    Scowling, I kick at the ground in frustration, then, realizing that might seem out of character for timid Sigrid, I change my foot's movement to a back-and-forth arcing motion, as though squashing a beetle into smithereens with my boot. "Bug," I say for the benefit of anyone watching me, my nose wrinkled in distaste.

    I want to ask if there are any other entrances we can try, but I am not sure how Big Sam will react to this. I finally settle on, "Sigrid go walk?" and glance toward the rear of the building, then back at my companions.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
     
  11. Legendary Sidekick

    Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

    9,872
    2,884
    413
    Baldhart

    I act as if Sigrid's request for a walk is ill timed.

    "We're not window-shopping, Sigrid..." I start as if she's too frail to scold, then pause as if dreaming up a solution. "Just a lap around the building or two. Don't make me worry."
     
  12. tbgg

    tbgg Sage

    266
    32
    48
    I smile happily, exclaiming, "Sigrid go walk! One time." I move my index finger in a rectangular motion, as though around a building, making the motion only a single time.

    Then I scoot away as quickly as I can, muttering, "One time. Baldhart say one time." I check the walls next to me as best I can from the corner of my eye for a door or window.

    If I make it out of sight without Big Sam calling me back, I begin scrutinizing the building more carefully for any other way to get inside, be it a door, window, or more exotic means of entering.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
     
  13. Legendary Sidekick

    Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

    9,872
    2,884
    413
    Baldhart

    "One time only," I say. "If you need to go around again, I'll have to hold your hand." As Sigrid walks I tell her, "Don't get lost."
     
  14. SeverinR

    SeverinR Vala

    3,530
    507
    113
    Aliron:
    Aliron stops to look at Baldhart and Sigrid...and watches her as she leaves.
    "May your god, go with you child." He waves to her, watching her actions with suspicion, not her acting ability.


    Bressel:
    Bressel tries not to look at Sigrid and Baldhart, but glances quickly.
    "At least this one can talk." Bressel shrugs. "Can this one fly someday too?"
    After Balhart's last warning, Bressel adds,
    "Sadly, I think she is already lost."
     
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  15. Steerpike

    Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

    11,123
    3,479
    413
    Big Sam shrugs at Baldhart's question. "Don't know. Lots of orc trouble lately that might have 'im on edge. But we've had that before. Must be the attack on them kids inside Ballara itself. We've had orcs plenty, but no strangers comin' through town tryin' to hurt kids."

    Big Sam yawns and says "He must be tired, too. The gods know I am!"

    On their walk, Baldhart and Sigrid see the same thing as Aliron, when he scans the building for windows. The building is a wide rectangle with no other doors besides the one Big Sam is slumped in front of. There are a couple of high windows (around 8 feet up), but they're small squares. Maybe a four-foot diagonal. It seems clear that they're sized and positioned to limit escape from the building (or maybe incursions). There is also a chimney at the eastern end of the building. It is made of gray stone and a thin wisp of smoke curls out of the top.

    Liadan doesn't hear much at the door. There are footsteps moving away from the door, then pausing, then returning, then moving away again. It sounds like pacing. There is no other noise that she can hear--no voices or anything like that.

    Tumi stays with Big Sam, trying to keep the man occupied with small talk while the party looks around. Whatever suspicious nature Big Sam might have, his exhaustion seems to have put a dent in it and the presence of Tumi has helped relax him.
     
  16. tbgg

    tbgg Sage

    266
    32
    48
    Before Cali and Baldhart complete their circuit around the building, Cali points to the windows and asks, "What if Nissa flew up there? Could we have her take a peek?"


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
     
  17. Legendary Sidekick

    Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

    9,872
    2,884
    413
    Baldhart

    "She certainly can do that. But... you don't need wings to get up eight feet. Would you like to take a peek yourself?"

    If so, I'll give Cali a boost. If she stands on my shoulders, she should see fine. If she doesn't want to, I suppose I can just leap up and climb. But I'd make noise and that stranger might make me act like a moron.
     
  18. tbgg

    tbgg Sage

    266
    32
    48
    Cali grins and says, "That was actually my first thought, too, but I'm 5'10" and weigh 140. I don't think my disguise changes that. With you being so tall and me being pretty tall, too, I'm concerned whether I'm too heavy for you to lift, and also whether I might stick up so much I cover the window and catch the attention of those inside. I figured Nissa would have more control over how much of herself can be seen."


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
     
  19. Legendary Sidekick

    Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

    9,872
    2,884
    413
    Baldhart

    "I try not to boast of my strength. It's unbecoming. Let's just say you weigh considerably less than men and monsters I have literally picked up and thrown."

    Does that count as boasting? I'm just… ehh…

    "Still, if you're worried, we can get Nissa."
     
  20. tbgg

    tbgg Sage

    266
    32
    48
    Frowning, Cali mutters, "But it might look suspicious if we go back for Nissa."

    "Tell you what. Let's move right next to the window, you can lift me up, and if need be, maybe you can take a few small steps toward the window if I can't quite see inside."


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
     
Loading...

Share This Page