1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Dragon's Egg - Brief Setup

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Steerpike, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

I'll be posting more detailed information about the world and background later. However, since people are sharing in the Getting to Know You Thread, I thought I'd set up the starting point of the adventure in case people want to include it in their backstory.

The adventure begins aboard a ship. The party is headed to a distant northern land, across a tremendous bay, rumored to have been under a curse for perhaps a dozen years. This is novel, because magic has been thought lost since the great war almost a thousand years past. The curse in the northland is rumored to be magical in nature. Whatever the truth of the rumors, there is no doubt that the people of this northern land are in dire need. Also, folk in taverns tell tales of ravaging bands of monsters, lost treasures, and long-abandoned places of danger and mystery. Your reasons for traveling there are your own - treasure-seeker, monster-hunter, scholar in search of the secrets of magic, noble stalwart seeking to lend a strong arm to the people of the land, or none of the above.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013