1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Dragon's Egg RPG - Gods

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Steerpike, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Nihal

Nihal Vala

You may be within one step of your god's alignment to be able to get the boons.

2. Keitsumah

Keitsumah Inkling

hmm.... bah AND i just pictured Keit as a tiny valkyrie on Batos's back! I give! :D Brynhild it is!

3. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Keit won't turn tiny if she becomes a valkyrie; she'll be her normal size and ride a horse. Nissa is tiny because she was that size in life, being half-halfling. (I bet she looks dang cute on a little warpony. XD)

4. Keitsumah

Keitsumah Inkling

lol did you burst it, but that makes me wonder what will happen to Batos if he dies. wolf or not he is a character that was ONCE human!

well he may be able to sneak past the barrier as her eternal guard-dog or something... still...
    oh wait i forgot some Norse gods had wolf companions didn't they?

side note: if Keit dies Batos will go savage wolf and kill absolutely everything he can, and if he somehow survives that rampage, would follow either Baldart or Cadell and fight with them with no care for his own life.

And if Batos dies... it won't be pretty. Keit will revert to everything natural and end up revealing a side of herself that i have currently kept in check -aka: a very bitter and vindictive side of herself.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  5. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Well, I'd think if he was human, his soul is human. A valkyrie (if dead in battle) or an agent of Hel (if dead another way) would come for him and his soul would be in its true form. Not that it's my call, but I would think that's the case.

Yeah… Nissa is half-halfling. She's only a little out of the normal height range. (Nissa: 2'3" / norm: 2'6"-3'0")

She could ride Batos.

Just got the pin and converted already!

If Baldhart survives this, I think she'll stand on a street corner and hand holy symbols of Brynhild to random women, thinking there are many who would be converted this easily.

In 80 years, she and Nissa will lead an army of valkyries to take over the world.

Baldhart: (while decapitating heathens in her impervious valkyrie form)
    "What about kindness and compassion?"

Nissa: "Meh."

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
    Nihal likes this.
  6. Keitsumah

Keitsumah Inkling

lolz- i would love to have Baldart see Batos in his actual form rather than just his being a wolf. She would probably beat him as for strength, but it would be a close call actually. He doesn't have QUITE that much muscle lol

7. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

Going to look at some materials for gods and goddesses tonight. There are lesser gods that are not described in the original post, and I'm not against the idea of developing a lesser elven goddess that meets Keit's requirements.

Keitsumah could also worship a human deity. It would be unusual, but not impossible. You'd probably want to have some backstory that provides a reason for it. Devotees of Hel cannot generally see ghosts, though if you were truly devout as you leveled up and got to a relatively high level, who knows :)

8. senseiseth

senseiseth Troubadour

Actually!!!!!!!

Sorry, but I noticed a small but important detail missing from the Baldur story. Loki wasn't the guy who threw the misletoe, Loki gave the missile to Hodur, Baldr's blind brother, and Loki then aimed the thing for Hodur. Sadly even though Hodur was an unfortunate accomplice to the murder, it didn't stop him from having a god bred to kill him (literally). Nicely the two of them are reborn after Ragnarok, aka norse apocalypse.

9. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Loki gave the spear to Baldr's brother, Hodr. (pronounced HODOR!)

EDIT - And... now another ASoIaF quote: "This is known."

(I replied to page 1 not realizing this was posted months ago.)

10. Is there a list of minor gods out? I do not think my character identifies with any on the major list. I am looking for a god(dess) of music, taverns, parties, charm, fun.... that sort of thing. Needs to be chaotic/good or one step off. Would be better if he/she was a human deity, but not necessary.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas.