1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Dragon's Egg - Rules Questions and Discussion

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Steerpike, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

If they want to kill you, remember, we're at a tavern. As a last request, say, 'before I die, can I just play one last game of darts?' And then…

( Duhh, you missed… twice… *ack* )
    v

[​IMG]

Look up the wizard class: darts are one of the four weapons you can use!

Nihal likes this.
  2. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

I would say more for missle to hit, but not as much when an arms length away. If your stabbing to kill, depth isn't as big a deal.

imho shed the patch during a fight, only the person fighting up close would notice.
    If a bystander is staring deep into your eyes while your fighting, I think cupid probably already struck him with an arrow.

Ireth likes this.
  3. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Was looking at experience required for levels.
    When Aliron is level 10, most will be level 8, some will still be level 7.
    Paladin and druid would be the only ones at level 7.

Aliron HP would be 42. (6+4+4+4+4+4+4+4+4+4)

Bressel HP at level 7 would be 61. (13+8+8+8+8+8+8)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  4. Legendary Sidekick

Barbarians level slowly as well. (Second only to paladins for reaching level 10; 600K vs. 700K)

One thing I noticed for DEX classes: To-hit and HD are low, but fast leveling seems to balance that out. Barbarians are among the last to reach level 10, but level 2 comes sooner for barbs then many classes. Baldy and Bressel get that nice HP boost up front.

EDIT - I don't know why barbs hit Lv.2 before knights, knights hit Lv.9 before barbs, and both barbs and knights hit Lv.10+ at the same time. You think they'd have saved some trouble and made both level together since the numbers aren't that far off… not that I mind.

5. Nihal

Nihal Vala

Druids level faster than wizards, only paladins are slower than wizards/illusionists. Mauve will be forever at a lower level, for she's one of the characters who joined the group later–luckily for you. :x

6. Legendary Sidekick

Barbarians are 2nd slowest in the long run. You'll blow right past me… when we're level 9, haw!

Nihal likes this.
  7. Nihal

Nihal Vala

Yes, I've noticed that. But who said we'll reach the lvl 9? :x

8. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Woo, Cadell's only 515 XP away from reaching level 3!

9. Nihal

Nihal Vala

Hey, who wants horseburgers? ò.ó

10. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

I think this joke has run its course.

11. Nihal

Nihal Vala

You only say that because it's back in safety and Mauve has no reason to explode the creature. In theory.

But meh, whatever so.

12. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

EDITED to remove a rude comment. Apologies to anyone it offended. Let's move on, shall we?

13. Legendary Sidekick

Wait… what's the total so far? I had 3935.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
  14. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Cadell's at 3986, but he got an exclusive bonus (51 points) for being named Dwarf-friend way back in Act II.

15. Legendary Sidekick

Ah, I see. So I'm NOT crazy.

Or at least not bad at math.

16. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Nope, your math is alright. :D Mine can be lacking at times, however. Yay for calculators. XD

17. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

As LS said the progression staggers, for the 8th level Paladins and Druids are last to level. Druid requires 110,000 exp to reach 8th level from 7th. Paladin needs 85,000. I think this is the level the Druid slows drastically.(up to this point, it is simply doubles the existing ep to make to next level.)

Level 8: Wizard: 170,000ep, Druid 180,001 ep, Paladin 180,001 ep

Bressel will be behind, he is 1/10th the way to second level.

18. Nihal

Nihal Vala

Any reason to stick with the 8th level in particular? I was in fact considering the whole picture, in this case the 8th level is the only level ever where a caster would have advantage over a druid. It doesn't reflect the regular classes progression. xD

And yes, poor Bressel is in disadvantage there. These single digit differences however won't matter that much in long run, the classes' progression tables will have a heavier weight in leveling-or-not-leveling than those initial XP differences.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  19. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Only reason was that I noticed when Aliron would be level 10, everyone but druids and Paladins would be 8th and they would be seven.
    It is interesting how the classes progress, some faster in some levels, some drastically slower in some levels. I'm pretty sure in AD&D, Wizard never catches up, but its been a while since I opened those books.
    Found AD&D Monster manual at Goodwill Thrift store, last week, for $3. First time I've ever found a D&D book in a thrift store.

20. Nihal

Nihal Vala

Druids get their last totem at level 8. I don't know how it works, but it might be powerful enough to justify the XP req. About paladins, I have no idea. In my whole quite short life as RPG player I've seen no one playing as a paladin.

Heh, I've never attempted to look for RPG stuff in used books stores. They usually cost so much here I have my doubts someone would sell them back. :<

I'm glad we don't have paladin in our group, so someone won't be forced to carry a lead sheet.