1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Dragon's Egg - Side Treks

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Nihal, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

You guys are back in the main thread.

2. Nihal

Nihal Vala

In the forest

Something is wrong.

Pain assaults me as I get to my feet. My body is heavy, my head hurts, an awful taste lingers on my tongue and the long shadows aren't enough to protect my sensitised eyes from the blinding snow. I spin, taking my surroundings and attempting to make sense of it, and the world spins twice as fast. Trees, snow, a long dead fire. I know only one person that would let a fire die that way; it's my fire, my camp. I remember.

I sit down, taking my dizzy head on my hands. The sun is low, soon it'll be a whole day I haven't eaten a thing, and despite the soft nausea I feel I'm hungry, my arms are shaking and my feet are sloppy. I get some bread and dried food to my stomach, take generous sips of water and recall the events from the last night. More than half of them sound like devious dreams.

I have some minutes and nothing better to do while the food restores my strength. Pulling my sleeves up I count bruises and scratches. The fall part must be true. None of them are serious, not even the ones on my belly. I frown, counting my blades until my hands are steady.

If I'm lucky the others didn't leave while I slept; if they did their trail must be fresh. Not that I'm good at tracking. A long walk to the town awaits me, but before I must get something. It's just here, by the cliff. I kick snow and dirt over my campfire and climb down to the sea level, retrieving the only empty bottle from my backpack, Calexa's bottle. I fill it with seawater and hurry back to the forest.

((If nothing strange like the bottle enchantment acting up, demon fishes or flying monkeys happens she'll advance by the cliff edge, back to the town.))

3. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

Filling the bottle with sea water results in nothing unexpected, and while the ocean itself crashes against the rocks of the cliff, the area around Mauve is peaceful. There are no signs of fish demons, gnolls, or other foes. The air grows cooler with the setting sun and the smell of the forest mingles with sea-salt. Mauve is able to follow the cliffs easily enough, and soon finds herself approaching Arendal. Now, close to sunset, there is more life in the village than there has been earlier in the day, while everyone was rested. A plume of inviting smoke rises from the Maiden's Spear, and townsfolk go to and fro about their business, still trying to return their lives to normal.