1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Exploring Assassin's Creed Rogue

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sheilawisz, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Sheilawisz

Sheilawisz Queen of Titania Moderator

Hello everyone!

I have been planning to start this thread for a long time, but when I got Garden Warfare I was so happy with it that I stopped playing all of my other PS3 games. Now the Garden fever is loosening its grip on me, so I began to play the others again and here I am writing this.

So the question is... Have you played Assassin's Creed Rogue?

At first, my expectations for the game were very high. I loved the idea of sailing through freezing seas full of snowstorms and icebergs, the character looked great and when I discovered that you can visit the Arctic I became convinced and purchased the game. My first few hours with Rogue were nice, but then it started to change.

First, let me tell you what I like of this game:

1- The setting is super beautiful, even in the now outdated systems of the PS3.
    2- The time period is quite interesting.
    3- The music in this game is excellent.
    4- Shay Patric Cormac is a great character.
    5- I like the twist that takes place when Shay becomes a Templar.

Now, what I am disliking about Rogue:

1- The game feels like an interactive movie, very much like AC3.
    2- Even though the world is huge and there are countless things to do, there is very little purpose and meaning in all of those additional activities.
    3- The world feels very empty.
    4- Poor and unsatisfying combat system.
    5- They talk and talk so much that now I have no idea of what is happening in Shay's life.

At the moment, I am playing at Sequence 4 and I have completed Honour and Loyalty. Have you completed this game? What are your thoughts on it?