• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Extraordinary Tales Art

Lineart by my good friend Douglas Tesh, enhancements and text by yours truly.

Main character of my novel:
jedcard3.png

And one of the antagonists:
boreancard1.png

This I made as a website banner for my wordpress page:
banner7.png

Jabrosky

Banned
At first I thought that bipedal creature was a Megatherium, or giant ground sloth from the Ice Age, but the idea of an intelligent lizard race is at least as cool. :)

Addison

Auror
I'm liking this. It looks like it'll be a cross of Wild Wild West (the TV show not the Will Smith movie), and a high fantasy. I'd read something like that.

This is a concept sketch I did for a creature to feature in a sci-fi story I'm working on.

I am calling it a 'nihilomorph' at the moment. The body you see, so cruelly designed with destruction and dismemberment in mind, is only a shell inhabited by the true form of the nihilimorph, a fiendish immaterial entity seemingly born of the void itself which clothes itself in a husk of matter to sow fear and death amongst the galaxy. These creatures arose seemingly from the teeming ocean of exotic energies that are the great voids between stars, in much the same way that conventional life arises from more mundane oceans rich in organic compounds. Their wants and desires are unknown, as the bodies are composed of exotic compounds of normally inanimate materials such as silica and higher order metals. As such they do not eat, drink, or respire. In fact their bodies do not possess orifices of any kind, or reproductive traits. In addition, they are extraordinarily hard to damage due to the unique composition of their hide - conventional weaponry is almost completely ineffective, requiring the application of significantly heavier firepower to do any damage whatsoever. Total destruction is the only known way of disabling the body, while presumably the immaterial being that inhabited it returns to the void to lick its wounds.

The only recognizable purpose to which these bizarre creatures have been seen to act is to destroy and kill indiscriminately. Successful communication of any kind has never been documented, yet from the purposeful design of the body by its immaterial host to the problem-solving and even group tactical skills observed to be at the command of these strange beings, it is clear that they possess some form of intelligence, however alien it may be to any known amongst galactic civilization.

11193394_10206611440823622_6843367464687832152_n.jpg

Last edited:
I love the idea behind the nehilimorph. It's bizarre, evil, deadly and you put a lot of thought behind it.
The design is really savage and still has a concept behind the makeshift cruelty :) I can't imagine the
MC coming across such a thing and being able to kill one; the core is immaterial, after all.

Mythopoet

Auror
The nihilomorph is surprisingly similar to the attack form that the parasites of the manga/anime Parasyte take. The shape of the scythes and the muscles is really close. It reminds me a lot of the character toward the end that was a composite of 5 parasites which turned all his limbs into scythe-like appendages making him nearly indestructible.