• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Fantasy artists on social media?

Hello dear Scribes :) .

For reasons too winding to go into it's been awhile, but its always nice to come back. Anyway, I'm at a stage in my writing/brainstorming where I feel I need a lot of visual inspiration to help me get somewhere, and artwork is often useful for that kind of imagination spark. I was just wondering if you can recommend any good fantasy artists on twitter or facebook (I don't have instagram or the like at the moment) or specific blogs? I'm interested in kind of low-fantasy through to dystopian artwork, but anything evocative really.

Thanks.

Why social media? I mean, you can find them on there, but it's not as good as going to an actual art site where artists are very prominent and come in droves. You also have a better selection for something specific.

Why social media? I mean, you can find them on there, but it's not as good as going to an actual art site where artists are very prominent and come in droves. You also have a better selection for something specific.

I guess as it would just be easier to have it in my feed rather than visiting different sites, but if you know any good ones I'll check them out too.

Sadly, there aren't too many art sites out there, at least not all-inclusive ones like DeviantArt. Elfwood is a fantasy/sci-fi art based site you might like since that seems to be what you're after. Some of them even have links to their social media. About the only social media site I use is Facebook and Pinterest (if that counts) and a simple "fantasy art" search will lead you to either groups or artists in that field; no real easier way of going about that unless you are friends with them. Most of them will also connect you to any other sites they are on instead of going on a wild hunt ^_^ I happen to have some on my page, so I'll send you some links to make it easier for you.

Other than that, the links above are good ones. Pinterest has just hordes of artwork and will always been on your feed, as well as add new ones for you. Maybe that would be the best?

Last edited:

Nimue

Auror
Try cgisociety.org. Sorry I'm a bit sloshed here.

I used to go to cgi hub but they're defunct.

Ah, don't go to cgi hub there's a lot of spam.

Last edited:
Pinterest. It's overflowing with artwork[/URL]

I second Lea. Pinterest is hands down the easiest and most fun source for me. Especially if you have a phone with a large screen.

Some easy search terms like 'fantasy landscape' can leave you with jaw-drop and under-utilised writer's hand for hours : )
I also am trying to be organised and do a board per WIP artwork (for things to show the artist working with me)

Pinterest. It's overflowing with artwork[/URL]

I second Lea. Pinterest is hands down the easiest and most fun source for me. Especially if you have a phone with a large screen.

Some easy search terms like 'fantasy landscape' can leave you with jaw-drop and under-utilised writer's hand for hours : )
I also am trying to be organised and do a board per WIP artwork (for things to show the artist working with me)

Stormnorm

Acolyte
Hello dear Scribes :) .

For reasons too winding to go into it's been awhile, but its always nice to come back. Anyway, I'm at a stage in my writing/brainstorming where I feel I need a lot of visual inspiration to help me get somewhere, and artwork is often useful for that kind of imagination spark. I was just wondering if you can recommend any good fantasy artists on twitter or facebook (I don't have instagram or the like at the moment) or specific blogs? I'm interested in kind of low-fantasy through to dystopian artwork, but anything evocative really.

Thanks.
You’re more than welcome to check my Instagram or Twitter:
Stormnormgraphx
*Note: You don’t need an account to view my work. If you have any questions, my email is posted on both sites. Keep my contacts for future projects.