• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Fantasy games :)

Parqstu

Minstrel
Fantasy games, don't we love them. Well, I do.

Obiously nearly every game is fantasy in that it's got an unrealistic feature or isn't all based on facts. A game that i wouldn't call a fantasy would be Fifa 11.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand.

What are your top 3 favourite fantasy games? (Ones that you consider a fantasy game). Maybe we should just stick to rpg's?

My top 3:

Kingdom Hearts series (I think the story line was gripping)
Ratchet & Clank series (Childhood favourite and good replay value)
Jak and Daxter series (Another childhood favourite and a good story line)

I'm sure I have many favorites, but the ones I tend to play over and over again:

Jade Empire
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Dragon Age

I don't have a lot of time to devote to gaming, but I do play when I can't drum up the enthusiasm to do the things I should be doing.

My current top 3 would be:

Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
and Dragon Age: Origins.

I also have Fallout: New Vegas. It was abit short, but the music is great :).

Short? I've pretty much maxed out my character and I'm still only halfway through the main questline!

The music is evocative, but I wouldn't rate it as great. It's certainly not on a par with Bioshock for creating atmosphere.:)

Behelit

Troubadour
In no particular order:

• Baldur's Gate
  • Dead Space
  • Zelda: Link to the Past

I don't know if these are all time 3 favorites, they were the first to come to mind and I went with it.

Ophiucha

Auror
  • Legend of Zelda (my favorite was Link to the Past)
  • Fire Emblem (my favorite was Path of Radiance)
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Baldur's Gate II
  • Dragon Age: Origins

Chilari

Staff
I play a fair bit of Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Guild Wars. Also Minecraft (does that count as fantasy, given it doesn't have a plot?)

I also have Fable 2 and 3, and I enjoyed playing them but... well, there was so much more that could have been done with them. Fable 3 especially. I mean, you're supposed to be able to make lots of decisions which will affect ongoing gameplay, but nothing really changes whether you play good or evil. You still have to face the same challenges, you get almost the same cutscenes, the only difference is you look a bit different. I mean, I'd have liked it if, for example, sparing the bandit leader's life in Fable 3 - a choice you can make in an early mission - would affect how the Dwellers view you; and having both bandits and Dwellers on your side means that you have to deal with the conflicts between them. And I didn't like that Reaver was immune to everything. I'd have liked to have the option to put him on trial for crimes against humanity, but at the cost of the things he oversees - like construction - falling apart and losing support of the richer people in the kingdom. So you have to chose between justice and things running smoothly. If you break promises, the rebel supporters just turn away from you; I'd have liked to see them actively fight against you if they see you as a tyrant. There was so much potential, and in the end the story was just linear.

Sorry, rant over now.

Parqstu

Minstrel
Oblivion and Deap space(I have the 2nd one) our great games too. I could mention lots of games, like the Age of Mythology I'm playing on the p.c at the moment.

I put Kingdom Hearts as my no.1. I take it back. I put Pokemon up there :D.

I'm gonna HAVE to do more then three cause yeah LOL

my 4 year old adores Spyro the Dragon games, Jak and Daxter games, and for some reason Baldur's Gate II LOL

me omg!!!! Dragon Age Origins I and II
Baldur's Gate II
Final Fantasy 10 and 10-2
Kingdom Hearts all of them LOL
Dark cloud
Arc the Lad: Twilight of Spirits >.>
Inu yasha: The secret of the cursed mask
Drakan: The ancient Gate

as for MMORPGS
dark Age of Camelot >.> GO MIDGARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lord of the Rings Online

I think that covers everything atm there are more I just can't think of them atm LOL

F

Falunel

I love practically every game I play, but if I have to choose:

-Tales series (Battle system is ridiculously fun and characters are very likable. Have so far played Symphonia, Abyss, and Vesperia, and hope to get Graces F when it comes out in the US.)
-Final Fantasy (A classic for me. Favorites are FFXIII for its characters/plot and FFXII for its gorgeous, detailed world.)
-Okami (Relatively recent addition, but I'm loving its art style and Celestial Brush system. Also, playing the game with the String of Beads is hilarious.)

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Final Fantasy is one of my all time favorites. I've played 1-13. That's pretty impressive huh?

Newer games I like are Dragon Age, The Elder Scrolls Series (Oblivion), Mass Effect (sci-fi game, but awesome), among many others. I also like the Ogre series, Dragon Quest, most tactics games.

I also love the old school Dungeons and Dragons games like Pools of Radiance, The Dark Sun games, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, etc.

Yeah, I couldn't even play the second one. I gave up after a few hours and boycotted the franchise
I wish I'd boycotted it after the first. Oh well. I'll carry on. I don't like starting games and not finishing them, despite my experience with the Call of Duty franchise. I'll just grit my teeth and hope things get better...:D

Lol that optimism will be the end of you Dusk...

No doubt.:D

I'm hoping the new Deus Ex game won't follow the path of Invisible war, but experience has taught me not to place too much faith in devs. The new Bioshock and L.A. Noire games look quite entertaining, though. Damn this optimism...:)

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Dragon Age II just came in the mail yesterday. :)

Unfortunately, I probably won't get to play it until my summer vacation rolls around.