• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Fantasy Projects that aren't Books

I've always been a visual person, and while I write narrative stories from time to time, I'm not really that good at it. Because of that, I'm going to be releasing my project, Doppelgangfur, as something other than a book.

Ngl, I flip flop on what kind of format I want it to be very often. I've considered a comic, a web animated series, a video game, and basically every combination of multimedia project in between. Right now I'm feeling like making it either an animated series or a series of speedpaints with voice over. Both would be artistic ways of making videos.

I've also considered designing a tabletop RPG to go along with the multiuniverse of the story.

Who here is considering making their series or project something other than a book, or even just are considering releasing extra material in another genre of media? (ex. Comics or a tabletop game or something to go along with a book series)

Aldarion

Archmage
I am considering a tabletop game, something similar to Risk, and possibly an RPG as well. But it is still too early for me to think about it much, seeing how I'm still working on the basics of setting.

Miles Lacey

Archmage
Recently I discovered something called a visual novel on line. I've been looking at those and thinking "Would this suit the story I'm telling?" My only problem is I couldn't draw a straight line to save my life, let alone walk along one. But it could be worth checking out some of these.