1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Fascinating podcast by fantasy author

Discussion in 'Publishing' started by Rkcapps, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Rkcapps

Rkcapps Mystagogue

I haven't read this author's books so can't comment there but this guy talks about going from self published and taking a pay cut and traditionally publishing for 6 figures. He goes into the journey through the tough writing years and the hard yards of selling books in the bookstore. If anything, his is a fascinating journey. I listen to heaps of podcasts and this is the standout best by far.

Michael J. Sullivan, From Self-Pubbed to Six Figures - Curiosity Quills Press

Michael K. Eidson likes this.
  2. Russ

Russ Istari

Michael is a bright guy, very good at marketing and writes pretty good prose. He even drops around here from time to time. This was a really interesting interview that quoted him in Forbes a while back that I think you might enjoy.

Rkcapps likes this.
  3. Rkcapps

Rkcapps Mystagogue

Sorry, Australian here, so excuse my ignorance, Forbes? I'll check him out :)

4. T.Allen.Smith

T.Allen.Smith Staff Moderator

Forbes is a business focused media company. They have print magazines, online magazines, and other such distributions.

Michael Sullivan is a member here at Mythic Scribes. He is most active in the Publishing Forums and has given lots of advice right here.

Rkcapps likes this.