• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Fascist Christmas elf inspired race?

Shakantea

Acolyte
Hello, this is my first post.
I've always had this theory that Christmas elves are fascist because they always look the same. I decided to turn this theory into a race and write a story about it. The Christmas elves have powerful magic and rule the country. The humans and orcs live in the slums and shanty towns. The Christmas elves throw out any elves with opposing views, disabilities or imperfections. These outcasts also live in the slums but are a bit less common than the humans an orcs. The humans and orcs commonly breed and produce half orcs. The Christmas elves can only reproduce with their own race.

The Christmas elves are similar to halflings but they hoard possessions and hate any imperfections. They dress in more regal, upper class versions of traditional Christmas elves. They are evil and the humans, outcasts and orcs want to overthrow them.

It's pretty rough but I'd like to know what you think. Also I need a name for the Christmas elves that sounds kind of snooty and regal.

Jabrosky

Banned
I like this concept because of the way it turns something innocuous and child-friendly into total evil. As for a name, wouldn't elves be just fine?

Shakantea

Acolyte
Thanks for the feedback

If you want a slightly different take on the Xmas message, may I humble recommend to you :
Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale
The elves will certainly surprise you!
Looks cool but I'm a total wuss when it comes to horror. I might look into some of the ideas though.

I like this concept because of the way it turns something innocuous and child-friendly into total evil. As for a name, wouldn't elves be just fine?
Thanks, but the christmas elves I'm thinking about are more like nazi halflings then elves, so a different name would be preferred, though 'elves' might do fine.

Gurkhal

Auror
Hello, this is my first post.
I've always had this theory that Christmas elves are fascist because they always look the same. I decided to turn this theory into a race and write a story about it. The Christmas elves have powerful magic and rule the country. The humans and orcs live in the slums and shanty towns. The Christmas elves throw out any elves with opposing views, disabilities or imperfections. These outcasts also live in the slums but are a bit less common than the humans an orcs. The humans and orcs commonly breed and produce half orcs. The Christmas elves can only reproduce with their own race.

The Christmas elves are similar to halflings but they hoard possessions and hate any imperfections. They dress in more regal, upper class versions of traditional Christmas elves. They are evil and the humans, outcasts and orcs want to overthrow them.

It's pretty rough but I'd like to know what you think. Also I need a name for the Christmas elves that sounds kind of snooty and regal.

My first reaction is that this race has a primary existance to provoke outrage and reactions from people before anything else.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Thanks for the feedback
Looks cool but I'm a total wuss when it comes to horror. I might look into some of the ideas though.
I am a horror wuss too. Rare Exports isn't that horrific. It is about the funniest and sharpest Santa Claus tale I've seen. And there is a little male nudity [it is Finnish after all - the land of the naked sauna].