1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

FATHOM #1 - The Oni of Wankiboni

Discussion in 'Huntresses Attack Monsters!' started by Legendary Sidekick, Jun 8, 2018.

1. pmmg

pmmg Auror

(Ummm...I dont mind trying again, (and there is no reason, I think, Xenalite and Suny cannot pull together), but I think I passed it. I was required to roll a three and one of my numbers is a three...so, did that not pass? Anyway...)

By Hera, I wont be defeated by a stupid rock. 'Lite grits here teeth, ignores her own blood in the water, takes a deep breath, and goes back down and really puts her legs and back into it...

[​IMG]
    Heracles!...I think I broke a nail too. Stupid rock.

2. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Above the water, Shino replies to Einin, "You are all welcome as my guests. Normally, I negotiate some sort of trade where women can earn their stay, but I only ask one thing from you: the pearl.

"Not even to keep,"
    she adds. "I just need the pearl for one day. It is not the pearl itself I need, but the aura around it."

Neither Einin nor Suny can see the aura. But from the sound of it, Shino can sense magic in a pearl. (Suny also felt something magical. She just didn't see an aura.)

((Speaking of pearls, I know Spinette is wearing the necklace. Is she keeping herself hidden? I'll assume so for now.))

Underwater, Xenalite gives the boulder a good shove. Cracking and crunching can be heard, and some greenish brown dust is dispersed. Suny is able to reach the shiny thing... but she'll need to pry it from cold dead fingers.

The metal object is a weird looking polarm. Xenalite may be familiar with the naginata, but this one has strange blade. The curve is similar to a katana, but the outside is blunt. The inside of the curve is toothy, and it seems to be inefficient for cutting.

The (broken) skeleton that is holding the weapon (limply) must have been 4 to 5 feet tall, and about as wide. It's horned head is twice the size of a humans, except the lower jaw which is more like triple the size. It has long, sharp teeth and its hands and feet are clawed... or perhaps "taloned" is a better word, based on the odd thumb position on the three-fingered hands.

The shaft of the weapon is bent. Suny or Xenalite can easily take it, but it doesn't seem like a worthy blade for an amazon.

((Honestly. Xenalite can wield a chair or an oar or no weapon, and she'll kick ass, dice permitting. If she wants to use the weapon, she can.))

3. pmmg

pmmg Auror

Cheap Iron, thinks 'Lite, not nearly as worthy as Greek bronze. Up to the nymph if she wants it.

I think I will head back to shore (my clothes had better still be there...). Temples to foreign gods, as if the few Gods we recognize do not screw things up enough. I hope they are more well mannered. 'Lite offers up a pearl to Hera, and then remembers a strange vision about Aphrodite standing in the mouth of an oyster, and offers up another one for her. Licks the cut on her hand, brushes off the sand, which actually she does not like, and decides she is too wet to redress. So, she just lays out and waits to be dry.

Someone should invent something like a cloth we can wrap around ourselves in to help pad off all the water after a swim, she thinks.

4. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Auror

Spinette watched the others, glad to know she wasn't the last off the boat. Though she was not all that comfortable in the general area. She watches from a tree with some confusion as they go diving. She wasn't actually a water Arachne, despite living on a comfortably massive ship of webs. She wondered why they didn't just use nets to fish. She could cast a web and work it. Finally slipping down to the beach and in an attempt to keep on being stealthy, she...

[​IMG]

doesn't exactly do so great at it.

"Uh, hello. What sort of fishing is this? It appears to lack nets and involve too much being under water."

5. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Einin, still on the beach, turns and smiles at Spinette. "They're looking for shellfish to find pearls. Suny's found some really good ones so far!"

6. Legendary Sidekick

When Spinette casts the her web, the thread comes out in an odd color. It is more like a golden thread, or not so much a gold as it is amber.

Shino turns to offer her thanks for the fishing net, but her eyes lock on Spinette's necklace. "Oh... I haven't seen magic like that in a pearl," she says. "I am Shino by the way."

She seems fascinated by the necklace, and not at all bothered by Spinette's spidery form.

7. Corwynn

Corwynn Troubadour

Wynry at last catches up with the rest of her group, only to find some of them doing things in the water. With a tap of her finger, she dissolves her sunglasses back into dust to get a clear view. She momentarily reflects that she happens to be the most (and in her opinion, best) dressed member of her current party, an unusual circumstance in her experience.

"What's all this then?", she asks.

8. pmmg

pmmg Auror

'Lite must be dried off by now. She shakes the sand off all of her various articles, and gets back in gear. The sand is coarse and irritating, but that is life in 600 BC. (Maybe in a long ago time, or a far distant place, it is less so).

She thinks on the shiny weapon, and the crushed man under the waves, and then it hits her....

Hey, wait a chrona...if the brick man in the pig was trapped against his will, and we did a sort of good thing by not pounding him to dust, wouldn't that mean the straw man and the stick man.... Uhhhhh...I shall have to undertake some labors to make amends.

We were fishing for pearls, and here is one for you. ("lite offers pearl to Wynry).

9. Corwynn

Corwynn Troubadour

"Oh, why thank you", says Wynry, taking the pearl in her hand. To Wynry, it is about the size of a baseball. She gingerly stuffs it into her hip satchel.
    "It's a pity I missed it, although I'm not sure how much help I could have been. We fairies aren't the best at swimming, what with the wings causing drag, and the risk of being eaten by a fish or a frog and whatnot."

10. pmmg

pmmg Auror

There is a dead creature of some sort out in the water. I suspect he is not dead there by accident. If the water is clear enough, maybe you can fly over and see if there are more like him. Or what happened, it might be useful to know.

11. Legendary Sidekick

Shino slips into a robe and invites our heroines to her shrine. None of the creatures are seen on the way as our heroines head north along the coast, then up the steps to a temple built on the east face of the Nukitsuke volcano.

As she enters the temple, Shino asks our heroines to giver her a moment to dress in private.

[​IMG]
    Shino at the temple entrance

She closes a paper door, and lights lanterns in her room. Our heroines can see her silhouette through the paper walls as she slips out of her robe. Her shadowy image fades as she crosses her room, humming as she dresses herself.

12. Peebothuhlu

Peebothuhlu Troubadour

Suny skips along with every one. Marveling at the construction of the building they come to. (^_^)

13. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Einin politely turns her back on Shino's room to let her dress, and admires the rest of the temple that she can see.

14. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Auror

Spinette follows after, slightly baffled by the happenings (and her spinnerets making mosquito trap colored thread). She followed after the shrine maiden, seeing if she could find any other spiders. She does give a smile at Wynry.

"Frogs and fish taste good at least. Haven't tried fairy yet. Butterfly or dragonfly?"

15. Legendary Sidekick

Shino reiterates her interest in looking at all of the magical pearls—Suny's prize as well as those on Spinette's necklace.

She is silent as she rummages through her wardrobe. Soon our heroines see a nude silhouette pass by the paper wall, picking up the robe that was dropped earlier.

Her image fades from view as she steps away from the light.

A moment passes. And again, Shino speaks,

"Oh, I am decent now, but I did not think I was keeping you waiting long. Ha, ha... but I am honored to have you as my guest. And you do look rather pretty in—"

Shino gaps, then SCREAMS! There is a sickening crunch, and a shrill sound that cannot possibly come from a human. There are spatter marks along the paper wall—and in the confusion of demonic shrieking and thundering footfalls moving away from our heroines, the paper door tears open, and a woman's arm—torn from the shoulder—falls to the floor.

((Describe actions for now—no enemy in sight until you enter the next room...!))

16. Peebothuhlu

Peebothuhlu Troubadour

Suny's reaction is to immediately chase the running thing!

Leaping through the torn surface, landing amidst the... confusion and determindly trying to follow the thing that is running/moving away.

[​IMG]

*Scamper, scamper, scamper, scamper...*

17. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Auror

An arm landing near them set off Spinette in the most natural reaction she could. Her mouth came open all the way open, showing two rows of teeth as it stretched to mandibles with wicked hooks on them and an eerie hiss came from it as she dove through the (strangely paper) walls with her claws out and ready to fight, catch or eat whatever had torn the temples keepers arm off.

18. Legendary Sidekick

Defintly KO♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️OK
    Einin KO♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️OK
    Spinette KO♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️OK

Suny KO♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️OK
    Wynry KO♥️♥️♥️OK
    Xenalite KO♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️OK

Shino ♥️ = ?

Enemy ♥️ = ?

The severed arm grabs at Suny's leg!

((SunySuny, Roll FIGHT DEF))

But the weight of an arm doesn't stop Suny from leaping through the paper door!

Toothy, rotund demons—dozens of them—are taken by surprise! They pull strings on their weapons—katanas and naginatas with teeth on the inner curve of the blade.

Spinette notices the teeth of the buzzing blades move blindingly fast—and one is aimed at her!

((Aside from the severed arm grabbing at Suny, you all have initiative over the enemy.

You may attack the horde!))

19. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Einin leaps forward to help Shino. Even if she can't save the woman's arm, she can at least stop the woman from bleeding out.

But a horde of demons between her and her patient means she has to attack before she can protect!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  20. pmmg

pmmg Auror

I still kind of fancy myself down at the beach, so La la la, la la la....

But wait, was that a scream? It sounded like a scream....

Screams from the temple. 'Lite can only think of one thing in such a moment....Gods *rolls eyes*.

This had better not be Apollo again just cause some temple girl took her clothes off under the sun... Zeus and Heracles, Gods are so stupid. I suppose I will go straighten them out. Heads off...(or had I done that already).

Hey, I feel a little sun-burned. Stupid Apollo.